Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems connecting Kronos 2 to pc...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxThunder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Problems connecting Kronos 2 to pc... Reply with quote

I recently figured i should try connecting my kronos to my pc but i've run into some problems... Installing the midi driver seemed to work and the kronos shows up in the devices list, but it's not available as a midi device in my DAW and the kronos editor can't detect it...

I then thought i might have to update the subsystems since there's an update for those that i haven't bothered to install as i haven't bothered to connect the kronos to my pc before but the subsystems updater aslo doesn't detect the kronos...
kronos is updated to 3.1.2, btw... OS on pc is windows 10...

Anyone know what i can do to get this working?..
robw70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg driver supports both 32 bit and 64 bit - you may find only one of these is active.

The Editor I believe is 32 bit, your DAW may or may not be depending on the DAW.

The way to check is to:
Activate the Windows start menu
Type Korg
select the Configure Korg USB-MIDI Driver app
Donw the bottom of the window that opens is a MIDI IN label with a drop down box.
See if it says BOTH, 32 or 64. Mine says BOTH
MaxThunder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine also says both so i don't think that is the issue...
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Disable Windows Driver Signature Enforcement Reply with quote

I had kind of the same problem you might be having. The Kronos drivers would seem like they installed, but, my PC wouldn't see the Kronos as a midi device.
I uninstalled all the USB drivers and software. Then I turned off the Windows Driver Signature Enforcement. Then reinstalled the drivers. And it worked.
Turns out Windows wasn't letting the drivers load properly because Windows didn't think they were certified. Although Windows wouldn't bother to tell me that. They just wouldn't work.

Here's a "How-To"

Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
Click Update and Security.
Click on Recovery.
Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
Click Troubleshoot.
Click Advanced options.
Click Startup Settings.
Click on Restart.
On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

Once you restart your PC, Windows will turn this protection back on again.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run into this problem all the time and simply close all apps that recognize MIDI, unplug the USB B side in the Kronos and then plug it back in. Also lately I've found that turning on the Kronos before turning on the the computer has let Windows recognize the driver every time. Once Windows recognizes the driver you're in the clear till you restart your machine.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case when I need to record my audio and midi Kronos tracks within Sequoia with perfect synchro (the DAW sequencer I use) : Not only I coonect the usb cable for the Korg midi driver to be recognized by sequoia but I also connect the Kronos with the midi cable IN and OUT. And since that when I run the Kronos sequencer it runs autmatically the Sequoia in RECORDING mode with perfect synchro.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: