Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 Freezing problem resolved.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soelfly

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this official solution:

https://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/KSB91.htm

Hope it helpes someone.

I still didn't fixed mine, but I guess it's going to work Wink
Ne3manIsBack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EN:
Last week I took my Korg M50 to an electrical engineer to solve the freezing problem, I knew the problem and he had repaired many korg main boards and I knew the procedure. replaced two capacitors (the same as indicated on the page of korg) and made reballing in the welds. Problem solved, my Korg M50 is new again

ES:
la semana pasada lleve mi Korg M50 donde un ingeniero electrico para solucionar el problema de congelamiento, el conocia del problema y habia reparado muchas main boards de korg y conocía el procedimiento. remplazo dos capacitores (los mismos que indican en la pagina de korg) y realizó reballing en las soldaduras. Problema resuelto, mi Korg M50 quedo como nuevo.
asanchezmac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: FIXED!!! Reply with quote

JerseyMac wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
I've opened my M50 but there are not that many connectors, and the one from the display are not disconnectable. Which connectors exactly did you reconnect (and what do you mean with 'turned around connectors to make more tension on wire harnesses'?

What I did was disconnecting all these white plastic plugs (connectors) on left and right PCB's (printed circuit boards) then I twisted each wire harness making one full circle, then I plugged them back. I didn't touch anything on display. By twisting wires there is more tension on these plugs.
    unplug
    twist
    plug again
Just do it one by one so you don't mix them up. I hope I helped?

I just registered to say that THIS is gold and this worked for me...as simple as that...just take unscrew the back and unplug, twist and plug in the connectors from the centre panel. GOLD! Thanks so much...after about 5 years of not knowing what to do with it it's fixed![/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: