Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHEN are we gonna get ex19 and ex20 for Kronos???!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: WHEN are we gonna get ex19 and ex20 for Kronos???!!! Reply with quote

The Ex17 and Ex18 sound bank additions for Kronos (which were introduced a couple years ago.... were and are... EXCELLENT! and: They were well worth the money (even though I had to buy them at $350 for Each of the KronosX boards I own). the sounds are great! As you know, they are conveneintly named FOR THE SONGS they are going for!!! BRILLIANT! THE LADY GAGA, JOURNEY, STEVE MILLER SYNTH, OLD AND NEW SONGS....are ALL SPOT ON!!! Keep them coming!!! It's been a loooong time.....

Q: WHEN IS THE NEXT COLLECTION COMING OUT???? Ex19? Ex 20? I WILL GLADLY BUY IT FOR BOTH MY KRONOS X BOARDS AND FOR THE KRONOS LS BOARD I AM PLANNING TO BUY!!!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not try some of the 100+ libraries on KORG's store?

Regards
Sharp
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Why not try some of the 100+ libraries on KORG's store?

Regards
Sharp

He wants them in numerical order is my guess
Wink
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rumor just started circulating about new Korg sound packs on the horizon. Apparently that's what Jack Hotop said to someone who went to his keyboard convention. If so, cool. And if not that's okay too.

Also that is Rudess in the guy's profile pic so he's not lying... but you know people can misinterpret things.

Last edited by CharlesFerraro on Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlesFerraro wrote:
A rumor just started circulating about new Korg sound packs on the horizon. Apparently that's what Jack Hotop said to someone who went to his keyboard convention. If so, cool. And if not that's okay too.

Also that is Rudess in the guy's profile pic so he's not lying... but you know people get can misinterpret things.

that guy on FB quoted that they would be free. He back pedaled when asked for more specifics. It would not characterize it as convincing. Or conclusive.

IMO, us Kronos owners haven't gotten attention from Korg for some time. So we are definitely due for something good is my opinion - which doesn't count for anything.

Plus Korg should show interest in the K. After all they are still selling them.
Doing something , such as new sounds developed at the Hotop level , would help sell more K2's.

Lets see if us K owners are still on the Korg map over the next few months.

Last edited by GregC on Tue May 01, 2018 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackh

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: WHEN are we gonna get ex19 and ex20 for Kronos???!!! Reply with quote

Without saying too much, I told a few people at Keyfest that there are going to be 3 new free downloads for the Kronos, which should be available in May & June.

KRS08-Best Of Triton - this is basically the same as the conversion files that I made for the Krome & Kross, but there are KARMA, Pad, and Drum Track assignments instead of Arp assignments - which take these sounds to a whole new level beyond the Triton!
I recommend using a Korg nanoPad to explore the Pad voicings, and 8 KARMA scenes for these programs.
Lots of cool Wavesequencing, LFO, CC, & Gated GEs!

OASYS MOD-7 Bonus Programs - 2 Program Banks of MOD-7 programs with Controller, KARMA, Pad, and Drum Track assignments.
*There are few programs that also use MOD-7 programs with other engines.

Updated Wavestation ROM & RAM 1/2/3 (from the SR).
3 Wavesequence Banks, plus 2 Program & Combi Banks from PJP.

There's a lot more on the horizon, but I'll have to kill you all if I tell.
So, keep the faith & be patient!
Smile
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exciting, and you will find I was one of the responders to that post on Facebook suggesting a new O/S is on the Horizon.

With that said, my K2 Program Banks is MAXED OUT!!! I can't believe in this day and age we have limitations on the physical locations / capacities of programs on our Synths. Especially on the Kronos which can stream samples from the Hard Disk. I'm forever, swapping libraries in and out and performing tedious maintenance moving programs and keeping Combi's intact.

Please KORG fix this issue and either give me more memory/slots or create a Program Maintenance Software for dummies!!!! I LOVE the way NORD Sound Manager works.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
This is exciting, and you will find I was one of the responders to that post on Facebook suggesting a new O/S is on the Horizon.

With that said, my K2 Program Banks is MAXED OUT!!! I can't believe in this day and age we have limitations on the physical locations / capacities of programs on our Synths. Especially on the Kronos which can stream samples from the Hard Disk. I'm forever, swapping libraries in and out and performing tedious maintenance moving programs and keeping Combi's intact.

Please KORG fix this issue and either give me more memory/slots or create a Program Maintenance Software for dummies!!!! I LOVE the way NORD Sound Manager works.

I have the same situation as you. A lot of users have their Kronos maxed out. It would be amazing if a solution for this is created for the Kronos. Looking forward to whats coming for the Kronos.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your user banks are filled up.

Assuming you know your Combis and keep them intact.

I see no problem in overwriting/using factory programs (within the same sound engine].

Fort example, there are 48 ' synth EP's. Synth EP's are a or sub category of
" Keyboard"

I might use 10 at most.

What about the 80 SFX programs ? Do you ever use them ?

If you know your Kronos after many years, I think you can do some house cleaning and free up the unused banks.

And you can always reclaim the factory programs.

A lot of work ? Tedious ? No time ? I know, I get it. I can do it for you
but I don't work cheap Wink
exsequor699

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

I see no problem in overwriting/using factory programs (within the same sound engine].

" Keyboard"

I might use 10 at most.

If you know your Kronos after many years, I think you can do some house cleaning and free up the unused banks.

Been there done that Very Happy (I am no way a Kronos guru) but I do have a lot of libraries loaded, like kbrkr has ( and a lot of people). It would be nice a solution for the Kronos. Time will tell, but meanwhile, glad to know there are a couple of things on the way for the Kronos. Lets keep the faith!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exsequor699 wrote:
GregC wrote:

" Keyboard"

I might use 10 at most.

Been there done that Very Happy (I am no way a Kronos guru) but I do have a lot of libraries loaded, like kbrkr has ( and a lot of people). It would be nice a solution for the Kronos. Time will tell, but meanwhile, glad to know there are a couple of things on the way for the Kronos. Lets keep the faith!

I know the available banks are a limitation.
Probably a result of the old OS design.

I am selective about what I like and have about 20 originals.

I have few 3rd party sample libs since they are not transferable. I have to really
like the demo before I invest.

Thats my bubble. Plus I am one of those annoying anti-clutter types that has a clean garage- so we can always fit the 2 cars inside.
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: WHEN are we gonna get ex19 and ex20 for Kronos???!!! Reply with quote

jackh wrote:
Without saying too much, I told a few people at Keyfest that there are going to be 3 new free downloads for the Kronos, which should be available in May & June.

Smile

Ooooh, a sound fix straight from the "Top" for all us Kronos junkies! Can't wait!!! Very Happy
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
sinnerman7777777

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is some good stuff but...I only have 2 banks left to fill and....The "100+ sounds" are some good but a lot of retro stuff to wade thru and aren't as good as the Ex17 and Ex18 sound banks.....someone put a LOT of work into those!...and they are the best I've found. NOTE: it's not that I want them in numerical order but rather alphabetical order. And most of all I want good sounds that match the specific songs. I play a hundreds of cover songs and I want the programs/Combi's named FOR THE SONG title so I can easily put them in Alphabetical order in my set lists on Kronos and find them easily onstage.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinnerman7777777 wrote:
. I play a hundreds of cover songs and I want the programs/Combi's named FOR THE SONG title so I can easily put them in Alphabetical order in my set lists on Kronos and find them easily onstage.

I suppose the K2 is new to you. Kong W/s's since the Triton days ( and maybe further back) allow you to over write or chance the Program name.

When in your Program, see "Main " menu in upper right hand corner.

In the drop down list is 'write program '. With that you have the option of choosing your Program name.

Consider this before saving/writing.

It would be better save/write your newly named Program to a User bank.
Then your factory Program is still intact and you have your Program Copy in a user bank
Wsadj

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: WHEN are we gonna get ex19 and ex20 for Kronos???!!! Reply with quote

jackh wrote:

KRS08-Best Of Triton - this is basically the same as the conversion files that I made for the Krome & Kross, but there are KARMA, Pad, and Drum Track assignments instead of Arp assignments - which take these sounds to a whole new level beyond the Triton!
I recommend using a Korg nanoPad to explore the Pad voicings, and 8 KARMA scenes for these programs.
Lots of cool Wavesequencing, LFO, CC, & Gated GEs!

OASYS MOD-7 Bonus Programs - 2 Program Banks of MOD-7 programs with Controller, KARMA, Pad, and Drum Track assignments.
*There are few programs that also use MOD-7 programs with other engines.

Updated Wavestation ROM & RAM 1/2/3 (from the SR).
3 Wavesequence Banks, plus 2 Program & Combi Banks from PJP.

Smile

It's great to know that these libraries come to us, thanks for the advance announcement. Thanks Korg! Very Happy Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: