Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leslie effect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthemuso

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Leslie effect Reply with quote

Just a thought. Would it be possible to create an organ keyboard set and program the damper pedal to control the speed of the leslie i.e. press and hold for fast and release for slow. ?
Cheers Rob
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Leslie effect - slow/fast with damper pedal Reply with quote

robthemuso wrote:
.. create an organ keyboard set and program the damper pedal to control the speed of the leslie i.e. press and hold for fast and release for slow..

Slow/fast of effect "RotarySpeaker" is controlled with parameters of "SpeedSwitch". This parameters of modulation source set to your controller (Src = CC#64 = Damper) will switch mode for slow/fast modulation.

Saved kbd-sets with applied effect "RotarySpeaker" with these setting will allow you to control speed of lesley for your kbd-set-tracks by pressing/holding/releasing damper pedal.

When Mode of SpeedSwitch = Toggle, the speed will switch between slow and fast each time you press the pedal - the speed will switch because modulation amount exceeds 64.
When Mode of SpeedSwitch = Moment, the speed is usually slow. It becomes fast only when you press and hold the pedal - modulation values above 64 set the speed to Fast. Values below 64 set it to Slow - in case you release pedal.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
robthemuso

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Will sit down at the keyboard and experiment with this. May be a bit over my head but I can but try.
export-B

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It's much easier to control with Aftertouch. Sep tested and works well but it's still available. It's "under your arm".
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
export-B

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the mistake. It's right: I've tried it and works great and it's always available. It's "under the fingers".
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my EC5 pedal for the Leslie speed

As a footnote, there is a bug since the beginning of PA4X relating to the harmonic percussion "1st" setting
This emulates the real thing by applying the harmonic percussion only to the 1st note you play (and hold)
BUT, if you deliberately or accidentally switch the "ensemble" on playing style (with DRAWBAR organ as UPPER 1) the Harmonic percussion for "1st" is disabled until you reboot the PA4X - very annoying.....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Switch Lesley slow/fast Reply with quote

export-B wrote:
.. much easier to control with Aftertouch ..

.. also its easy to be done with damper or pedal like Pete do.

Never would recommend to use precious function of aftertouch for simply switching functions like lesley function slow/fast.

Aftertouch I think is better to apply to:
- add “swells” to brass patches
- Guitar string bends
- introduce vibrato
- bend percussion
- control signal processing
- etc

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: