Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X/Operating System V2.1.0 AVAILABLE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I also did the update and all went well..
on the pa1000 and i did the update on the pa4x and so far all is good..

and played for over two hours and all work fine so far..on pa4x
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the install as well and with no problems whatsoever.
But, besides a new date in the OS startup screen, nothing new.

Considering our sticky OS wishlist thread of over 10 pages, that is truely disappointing.
The chance to show that Korg deals seriously with the wishes of customers has suffered damage IMO.
Let's hope they come up with something better in the upcoming months.

Play in style. Wink
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems for me so far...

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mstodola

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg doesn't have the resources of Yamaha or Roland. Music Equipment hardware is not a high revenue business anyway. People are in it for the love of music not high earnings. You can't expect them to do very much at this point in time with little capital. They have a product that works very well but will never be perfect. I'm sure they are not selling that many at this point in time, so I don't expect them to do much more for this product line. Korg is a company and they are going to do the most for what sells the most. The hardware is running at about maximum. So you can't have more memory when there physically is not more memory or a slot to add more memory. And you can't make an interface that is faster that is inherently what it is. And that goes for the processor and number of switches, etc.

I think we have what we have, take it or leave it. Either you like it or you don't. For me, I'll take the position of a realist.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

mstodola
what you say , does not sound good,,yamaha and roland will at last korg,,if so , then the korg people should get a job at yamaha or roland,,,how do you know if korg has little capital, how many paXXX keyboard were sold,
it sound like the yamaha or roland arranger keyboard might be better, they have more money for newer chips.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: New OS 5 Reply with quote

the korg pa5x will be out in a year or so ,, so the pa4x and the pa1000, pa700 , are done with update ,, unless ,there a big brake dowm is in the OS... I do not think so .. but ,,, now the wish list will be in the new pa5x , the wish list will get one or two new thing in the pa5x ,,,how mush more can korg give up ,, it is the same with Yamaha Genos..look at what yamaha did , a new case and big screen ,, and some more samples.. were can they go ,,, new hardware , but the same old OS...more VST, yes great, more memory ,, yes ,, it just the korg i3 with lipstick on

again just IMOP...
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: the end of the 4 Reply with quote

Is this new update really worth to install?
All this time and just only two new functions (from upgrade manual)
Like Pete

still Happy to receive any updates from Korg ,,but is this the end.

Sad
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imho, about the only thing needed is the ability to stream VSTs from the hard drive (or indeed simply allow us to USE vst's). That'd just about do me!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: take it or leave it. - really NO Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
.. we have what we have, take it or leave it. Either you like it or you don't. ... position of a realist.

This is really not an argument of a realist, because Korg may well be criticized for they do not seriously deal with the wishes of customers.

In this context, one does not have to advertise Korg. Using arguments of capital weakness or size of the company are out of place, not suitable to excuse the more than modest support - take it or leave it would be just a cheap phrase, not more.

I think it is not a question of resources, but a matter of attitude, readiness and commitment of a reputable supplier to its customers.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taketdk,
taletdk wrote:
I instal update and play 4 hours. 2 times freeze on keyboard set page

You have mail.

Best,
Paolo
mstodola

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: os Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
mstodola
what you say , does not sound good,,yamaha and roland will at last korg,,if so , then the korg people should get a job at yamaha or roland,,,how do you know if korg has little capital, how many paXXX keyboard were sold,
it sound like the yamaha or roland arranger keyboard might be better, they have more money for newer chips.

I am talking about a business model. I was not saying Korg is going out of business. Yamaha and Roland have more revenue because they make more products that sell to a much bigger group of people. Kurzweil and Korg are smaller organizations and create more hi-end equipment. (Yet Kurzweil and Korg actually do more updates. Hmmm) But they do have to make money, and even if you haven't thought about it, musical instruments and professional keyboards in particular has a very small market in comparison to ,say, the iphone, computers, or even kids keyboards and musical instrument. You have to see this is true.

So because of this, I realize that Korg can't spend a lot of resources forever on a product that has a relatively small consumer base. Why do you think the Pa4x cost so much? The Oasys was $8000.00 and they couldn't continue supporting it. It is because they sell so few. You may think that selling 10,000 keyboards is a lot (and I have no idea how many they have sold, so don't go off on that one). But in the manufacturing world, that is a very small amount. It is like I said, the fact that they design and make these instruments is because they love it, not because they are going to get rich.

I was just making a comment on business issues that are obvious to me. I am sorry for the confusion.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: os Reply with quote

[quote="mstodola"]
duby2 wrote:
the fact that they design and make these instruments is because they love it, not because they are going to get rich.

It's not a charity organization of course, but I agree that Korg engineers show their love and dedication to their products. (as do Yamaha and Ketron and Roland and Kurzweil and... engineers!)
Awesome work! And it's a good thing that we have something to choose from.

PA4X gives me a smile on my face every time I turn it on.

Play in style. Wink
Bescki

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My history of arranger keyboards

1996 Roland e-70
2000 Roland Va-7
2004 Korg Pa1X
2006 Korg Pa800
2015 Korg Pa4x

I used Pa800 for 9 years. Pa4x is great keyboard with many bugs. So I wonder if I will use Pa4x for many years as pa800 or this year or next year I will be interested for Yamaha or Any Roland arrangers.

Thiss update would be 2.02 not 2.1.
I hope KORG will work about many new features and minimizing bugs and will make us happy with any 2.5 or 3.0 update.

KORG, please don't let us thinking about other brands.

Last edited by Bescki on Tue May 08, 2018 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO it was the last update for Korg pa4x. What is more we were waiting so long and got OS with features that had been added into other models.

I suppose Korg focuses on the successor now. I hope ne model will bring few new functionalities like programable aftertouch, more expanded fill mode with sequence programing possibilities, possibility to program more than one Voice preset per songbook entry etc)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: