Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From one K to the next K?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: From one K to the next K? Reply with quote

I have an original Kronos and recently purchased a new one. I did a "save all" from the old to the new so as to get all my custom programs are all in the new, all is good, except for the loaded samples I have on the old Kronos. On my old one my custom samples load at start-up. Can someone walk me through the procedure to get the samples from my old Kronos to the new one and have them load automatically? I can't believe I can't figure it out, but -- well, I'm old. thanks.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preload files come set up in ”Auto Load” global mode.
Standard for every kronos to have pre-load files sought out by auto load on start up.

No sample loads unless it is added to Auto Load list in global mode, and then you should write the global mode changes. Also make an entire PCG save or save-all of the whole thing and use that as your backup files in disk mode.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 19, yeah, I got the auto-load thing, it's my samples that I created, I can't seem to figure out how to get them into my new Kronos' hardrive. thanks.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think identifying them in the “save-all” files is the issue.
User samples make two files with differences in their file marker.

I am never sure which sub-file has the samples i am looking for.

If you identify them, then it is easy to assign them to auto load.

A “save-all” procedure should have captured them to disk mode. Fishing the specific User sample sets out of the list of files is the real work.

Once i did a “Save sample data” which narrows down the files to just sampling data in the save procedure and file directory. Thats in disk mode save page menu commands. Saving sampke data from old one and then finding the file it is saved to and porting that over to new kronos and then finding it on the new kronos where it can get added to the auto load line up.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, but here is exactly what I'm doing. My old Kronos has some of my custom samples on it's hard drive. I have taken my USB jump drive, did a "save all" on it from my old Kronos, then inserted the jump drive into my new Kronos, did a "load all" and everything is there except my custom samples. When I open the sample folder on my jump drive in the new Kronos, an indication comes up in red "HDD INTERNAL HD LIVE N/A. So I have my samples in the HDD on my old Kronos, just can't figure out how to get them into my new one. Thanks.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
So I have my samples in the HDD on my old Kronos, just can't figure out how to get them into my new one. Thanks.

"Save All" will not save custom samples if you have not loaded them in Ram mode (not streaming from disk).

Briefly do the following for your custom samples :
- Let's suppose that there is a folder in your old Kronos SSD called "My Sampling Stuff" , in this folder there are one folder "MySound"
and 2 files MySound.KSC and MySound_UserBank.KSC and maybe MySound.PCG if you had saved it there.
- Copy the whole folder "My Sampling Stuff" in new Kronos SSD , place MySound_UserBank.KSC in auto-Load interface , click it
(enable it) and restart Kronos.
- All Your custom samples "MySound" that are included in that folder will be loaded !
- Do the same for any other contents that are included in other directories !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: