Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making setlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marceys

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Making setlist Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the Kronos (1 week now) It is a very cool machine that so much possibilities! Love it!

Got a question:

Im am making my setlists for the bands i am in....making a entree for every song we are playing and i use the rhodes sounds a lot, but how can i save different effects on the sound? In some case i need more reverb to the sound to get it blend in much more and the other time i need the bite for the funky style.....

Do i need to give effects on the fly... or can i save that ..... i assume both ways are doable.... i would like to make the effects and save them... sometimes the switching is so quickly i don't have time to set effects....

Someone got a tip.... think it is a small think but can't find it at this moment.... got a gig tommorrow... so would like to set it right...

Thanks for any tip!

greetings,

Marc
JFree

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can save variations via setlist, you would have to mod the sounds and save separate programs. However, if you're just talking reverb and/or stomp box stuff most have that already built into the knobs and SW 1 and 2 for realtime tweaks.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are 2 quick ways to accomplish what you need without delving too deeply on Kronos Effects types, routing, and knob assignments.

===============
Solution 1
===============

A quick and easy way is to use the Control Surface. If you press the RT/Karma button, RT meaning "real time", your knobs directly control various parameters for that sound. (Note that the buttons and faders are reserved for KARMA functions. Not relevant atm).

For example, let's look at program I-A 012 F. McComb Mark 1 EP Kn7. The "Kn7" here refers to Knob 7. Turning knob 7 counterclockwise brings in more of the delay FX for this program.

Knob 8 controls reverb amount. You can't really see this from the onscreen Control Surface (it just says KnobMod8).

To see why Knob 8 controls reverb level for this particular program:
-- go to the sound in Program Mode
-- press the Common tab
-- at the far right, press the MFX/TFX tab
-- on the second row of tabs, press MFX1

Note that this Master Effect1 is set to Reverb Room. On the bottom, in the Output section, the effects ratio is set to 5% Wet / 95% dry. Next to this, the Source is set to Knob 8, and the amount is set to +4. This means if you turn Knob 8 clockwise all the way, it will add 4 to the Wet/Dry ratio, making it 9% wet / 91% dry.

You can hear the difference as you turn the knob, even though the ratio doesn't visually update onscreen. Turning Knob 8 only sends real-time, temporary updates to that ratio. If you move away from the program and come back to it, the ratio will once again be 5:95.

===============
Solution 2
===============

To permanently change the ratio, touch the Output value on screen, then move the Value slider. Or you can change the values using the increment/decrement buttons above the Value slider. Or use the Data Wheel to the right of the screen. Or the number and ENTER buttons.

Don't forget to write/save your changes. If you want multiple versions of this Rhodes sound with different reverb amounts, make sure you write and rename it to a different slot each time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: