Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i hook up Tr-8 to an Electribe 2 sampler using MIDI?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinbroski

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: How do i hook up Tr-8 to an Electribe 2 sampler using MIDI? Reply with quote

I have an electribe 2 sampler and I am trying to hook up my AIRA TR-8. When I hook it up and sync the channels, the electribe only makes this bizarre buzzing sound on each pulse. My question is: Is there a way to hook it up so that I get the original sound from the TR-8?
pedro666

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

each pad is a midi channel i.e pad1 is chan 1,pad 2 chan2 etc

if sending midi data to the TR8 then the tr8 needs to be set up as kick midi ch1-electribe pad 1, tr8 snare midi ch2-electribe pad 2..............that make sense?

also you have to set each pad to 'audio in' the osc so the default sound doesnt play at the same time,or route the tr8 sound into the electribe and then out.

unfortunately you cant change the midi channels on the electribe for each pad so you have to do it on the tr8 (if you can)
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each of the pads on the electribe2 are hard wired to midi channel 1, 2, 3, etc. and cannot be changed. The tr8 only has a global midi setting, you cannot sync the electribe s pads with each drum sound. What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Neon Horn

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want to clock the two devices together, go into the global settings of the Electribe and turn on the midi send and receive filter. It will still send clock information, but won't send midi notes (or receive them).
This is of course if you want to use the internal sequencer of both machines and only want to send start/stop/tempo information.
WestLondoner

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you're still wondering why the buzzing noises, I know that feeling. In case you've not realised it already (and, as I said in my last post here, I embarrassingly wasted a whole evening by not...) midi can only do so much, so you will still need other cables, to connect the TR8 and electribe, IF it's the full roast of sound that you need to hear going between the two units (and not just tempo matchup). If you need to know more, please see my other post below as a reply to connecting two electribes together. Apologies if this seems obvious, but I realise too that we all have to start somewhere, and it might be worth mentioning just in case... or another comes to this thread later and wonders why he too finds just buzzing noises after connecting midi only.

hth
pedro666

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the buzzing noise an oscillator playing on the same channel?

if so turn the osc volume to zero
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: