Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A professional short way for the 3 assignable switches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: A professional short way for the 3 assignable switches Reply with quote

A professional short way for the 3 assignable switches on the left side of the very advanced happy Korg PA4X 76 Oriental.

Coming from the Yamaha CVP-409 I'm every sunny or raining day very happy

Very Happy very happy emoticon

with the happy fact that the Korg company made it possible that I'm happily able to play one or the other happy polka on the very advanced happy Korg that I bought from the happy Korg company, so whether I finally succeed with the 3 assignable switches on the left side of the very advanced happy Korg PA4X 76 Oriental or not.

On the left side of the very advanced happy Korg PA4X 76 Oriental I want that the 3 happy assignable switches do happily the following:

switch 1 bass down
switch 2 keyboard setting up
switch 3 keyboard setting down

(also I want the joystick to do simular things, but maybe this is not possible)

The first happy question is where can I find the happy menu for the 3 happy assignable switches.

And then suddenly you find it happily somewhere in the happy "padswitches", where one happily finds many happy possibilities for the 3 happy assignable switches.

So everything works fine, everybody happy with the very advanced happy Korg.

And at this point is a little happy problem starting when one is happily switching the very advanced happy Korg off and on again as the happy settings for the 3 happy assignable switches are not saved.

So it must be something happily that has to do with the happy protection of global settings, or maybe not, I don't know.

I have the following happy global settings in Menu -> Global -> mode preferences

Protect

Media no
Global yes
Factory and Favori yes

Show / Hide

Date column yes

Direct Folder

Browse [KORG HD]\NEWNAME.SET

So I switch the happy protection of global happily to no.

And then the first happy question is where can I happily find the happy menu for the 3 happy assignable switches.

And then suddenly you find it happily somewhere in the happy "padswitches", where one happily finds many happy possibilities for the 3 happy assignable switches.

So everything works fine, everybody happy with the very advanced happy Korg.

And at this point is a happy little problem starting when one is happily switching the very advanced happy Korg off and on again as the 3 happy assignable switches are also with the happy protection of the global setting off not saved.

So maybe a happy user of the happy Korg or somebody of the happy Korg company knows a professional short way what a stuped happy user happily on a sunny or rainy day should do on his or her happy way to make happily use of the 3 happy assignable switches on the left side of the very advanced happy Korg?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: 3 assignable switches Reply with quote

Theo Benschop wrote:
I'm every sunny or raining day very happy ..

A simple, short question how to store assignable switches would be easy to answer - also to find in the manual - but can not find out what kind of problem is yours.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: happy Reply with quote

I like happy Smile
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: A professional short way for the 3 assignable switches Reply with quote

@duby2 For the very happy Korg Company

:d very happy emoticon (two times)

will it of course be very difficult to find a user who is not very happy, happy with his of her very happy very advanced Korg!

@siebenhirter,

Already many thanks in advance for your happy simple professional question to find out what actually the happy little “problem” is.

In this happy little “problem” works everything just fine, so everybody very happy with the very advanced happy Korg and the very happy settings of the 3 very happy assignable switches on the very happy left side of the very advanced happy Korg.

The only little happy “problem” that occurs is when one is very happily switching the very advanced happy Korg off and on again and one find very happily out that the happy settings for the 3 very happy assignable switches are on the very advanced happy Korg not saved, so that the very advanced very happy Korg just doesn’t remember what the very happy user wants to do with the 3 very happy assignable switches on the very happy left side of the very advanced happy Korg.

So also when one is very happily switching the very advanced happy Korg off and on again as the 3 very happy assignable switches are also with the very happy protection of the global setting off not saved, but maybe it is not a happy ‘problem” with the protection, I happily don’t know.

So this little happy "problem" should actually not matter if one knows where to find the menu for the very happy pad settings where one is very happily able to set the very happy settings for the 3 very happy assignable switches on the very happy left side of the very happy advanced Korg.

Last edited by Theo Benschop on Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: A professional short way for the 3 assignable switches Reply with quote

@siebenhirter,

I'm just now very happily typing in a wifi on the very happy internet the following very happy sentences, so I can't check this on the very happy advanced Korg.

I did very happily on the very happy internet the very happy search 'korg pa4x how to store the (very happy) settings of the 3 (very happy) assignable switches'

And there I was very happily reading with my eyes

"The My Setting Keyboard Set

My Setting is a special Keyboard Set, where you can save your preferred settings for things like Keyboard Sounds,

Effects,

Transposition,

a preferred Style

AND

Assignable Switches.

This Keyboard Set is automatically chosen when the instrument is turned on, and will automatically configure the instrument for you.

Writing the My Setting Keyboard Set

Keep the MY SETTING button pressed for about one happy second, until the happy Write dialog appears, then touch happily the OK button to confirm happily saving to memory."

So maybe the whole little happy "problem" turns out just happily fine, so once I have happily found the very happy menu for the very happy pad settings somewhere again, so everybody very happy, happy!

So thanks again for your professional happy question!
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: A professional short way for the 3 assignable switches Reply with quote

PS

It really is just a happy piece of cake!

Just press Menu -> Pad Switches -> Switch

Just choose whatever a happy user happily ever might want.

And BEFORE switching the happy Korg off just press "My settings", and the happy user is even more happy then he or she already was!
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: A professional short way for the 3 assignable switches Reply with quote

@siebenhirter,

I'm happily

thanking you again for your happy professional question!

So I'm happily for instance not starting a discussion between for instance happy perfect Apple users or even more perfect happy Windows users over the price of their happy perfect systems who do of course in the history of mankind more or less everything exactly the same happily way with the happy digital ciphers zero and 1,

so that every happy simple descendant of the first human beings not being a monkey knows that one is with both happy digital systems happily arriving in Rome more of less on the same minute.

This of course with the difference that the happy Windows users paid of course far less money for the same happy digital trip,

so that the happy Windows users have of course much more money to spend in Rome than the happy Apple users, but everybody has of course in the free world the freedom to choose how he or she will finally in the end happily will arrive in Rome.

So once a happy simple descendant of the first human beings not being a monkey on his or her happy trip to Rome is used to the fact that the breakes are there and there, it will be for him or her to risky to change this.

So actually exacly the same as in England, where the people are on their island used to inches, pounds and driving left, so that every happy simple descendant of the first human beings not being a monkey knows that it is for the happy English people in the United Brexit to risky to change this for them perfect working system.

And actually exactly the same as the system in America, where the happy people are used to the system with the second amendment, so that every happy simple descendant of the first human beings not being a monkey knows that it is for the happy American people in the United States of America to risky to change this for them perfect working system.

This happily said I came on the happy internet via, via on the happy webside

KORG Arranger Keyboards- How to save a Split Point Tutorial

at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABzr6G6X4Ek

And there I saw on 0:43 minute happily the happy system of the happy banks for the happy registration of the happy memory as used by the happy users of the happy Yamaha company.

As I happily couldn't find anything about this in the happy manual, I have happily presumed that this is not the case in the very happy advanced Korgs on the happy European market with the very advanced happy Song Book, so it is for former happy Yamaha users just a matter of getting used to the very advanced happy Songbook!

Until tonight I had realised that "My settings" is with a push of a button actually doing the same as the happy registration of the happy memory as used by the happy users of the happy Yamaha company and that the very advanced happy Song Book on the happy advanced Korg is with a push of a botton actually doing the same.

So I happily knew that there must be with this little happy "problem" a simple thing that I had missed on the very happy advanced Korg.

So I did happily a search on the happy internet with

'korg pa4x possibilities with My Setting Keyboard Set'

And there I came on

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104154&sid=7a3bffe042245f0572740ce23914d19c

with the happy sentences to think happily about

"If you miss yamaha registrations i recommend to think about how to realize this concept with Pa4x.
Yamaha offers registration banks containinig eight registrations.
Pa4x offers the same with containinig four registrations for each registration bank - that is the difference .
Registration bank in Pa4x is called Songbook-Entry, registrations 1,2,3,4 are called Keyboard Set 1,2,3,4.
Eight registrations of Yamaha you could simple select with a single button press - four registrations of Pa4x you also can selecet with a single button press (Keyboard Set1,2,3,4).
With Pa4x you also can select 12 of registration banks with single button press - in Pa4x called "Setlist" as a collection of sets associated with Styles (or Songs) - with single press of keyboard-set-buttons 1,2,3,4,..12.
So if you accept different names - songbook-entries are registration-banks, keyboard-set 1,2,3, 4 are equivalent to registrations 1,2,3, 4 - you can change registrations as usual you did with Yamaha pressing one button.
There is also a second concept, how to select 12 of preselected registrations (not only 8 like Yamaha or only 4 with setlist) with auto-select keyboard sets instead setlist-concept. But it is the same methode to select registrations with single-button-press. Different banks of registrations (that are keyboard set assignements in keyboard set library) can be saved as globals.
A disadvantage of this concept is, however, that the keyboard sets of Pa4x are no longer linked/associated with a style as done with performances previously (now change-style missing!).

So maybe, I happily don't know, it is on the happy very advanced Korg possible that the happy user after a happy push of a button experiments with "My settings so and so with number so and so".

But maybe, I happily don't know, there is not one single good reason that a happy user is on the happy advanced Korg after a happy push of a button experimenting with "My settings so and so with number so and so", so that it would be for him or her much better just to play on a sunny or rainy day one or the other happy polka on the happy advanced Korg!?!
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jij bent wel vol van jezelf zo te zien. Lees in het vervolg eerst de handleiding voordat je gaat raaskallen met happy dit en dat........Belachelijk....

John

you are full of yourself. First read the manual before you start raving with happy this and that ........ Ridiculous ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: