Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my new best-of SV-1 Soundpack (may2018)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_am_binky

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: my new best-of SV-1 Soundpack (may2018) Reply with quote

Took a year but I've uploaded a new best-of Soundpack. Go to...
    http://t-45m.net/i/sv1/
... and download the SV1 file called may2018; also there is a reference patch list in jpg pdf doc formats.

This version exists cuz I got annoyed at some of my 6x6 sounds in previous edits... not enough color, too similar... so I deleted some, adding new ones (most in the Other category). And used more FX; a few were too dry. Changed some of the song names in the patch chart to give better idea what each sound's about.

Also re-leveled the output volume for each sound. Used FAVE #3 as reference for tines, #2 for pianos, and #5-8 for organs & other sustain patches.

Hoping this'll be good for another year Smile

and here's a scaled low res of the patches for quick view here. Those two epic-long-blurry titles are an Elton John and a Genesis song.

Last edited by i_am_binky on Sun May 13, 2018 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
i_am_binky

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also...

been asked before about which sound came from where;
those in bold are in my may2018 soundpack.

unclebyron

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, thanks Binky!! I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Byron
i_am_binky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: jun2018 Reply with quote

minor update
(altered/reordered string synths)

go to

http://t-45m.net/i/sv1/

download file called jun2018.sv1
also a bigger jpeg, doc & pdf (also jun2018)

here's a small blurry version of the bigger jpg

(if you're wanting an earlier version they'll be in the _old folder)
Damiengh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Regarding your update Reply with quote

I posted privately, but I’ll post again publicly:

Hi, I’m new to this forum, and have enjoyed your thorough discussion of sound packs and their various combinations and tweaks.

As I am not a pianist; other than for figuring out things theoretically and comping out of a Real Book; I mainly have my sv-1 in my basement session room for use by real players that come over.

I’ve tried following your instructions for setting up your sounds, but I’m having difficulty in determining, based on your color chart, which sounds from the sound packs go in which slots. For example, since I’m not familiar with the different types of electric pianos, I do not know which sound pack sound is the RD1000 w/pad or the CP70 w/pad, in other words, I need it spelled out a bit more for my inexperienced senior mind.😜 I did look at your typed out list of which sound packs you got your sounds from, but I’m having difficulty in translating to your colorized chart.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
-Damien
i_am_binky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Damien

On the SV-1 there's two locations for patch storage:

FAVORITES
1-8 are the eight patches i use most; CP70-to-Pad ...#3 Rhodes i use most

and right beside favorites

SOUND
which has six categories (epiano1 epiano2 clav piano organ other) each containing six patches (1-6)

on the color chart the six categories are listed on the outer edge; the (1-6) patch numbers are top/bottom... used a 6x6 layout with categories/# on the edge for the color chart

i use the colors to remind what flavor each patch is, deeper blue more synthy, lighter blue less, etc.

usually i know what i want but some piano/pad and most of the organ i barely use lately... they may get swapped out (that's why i keep old soundsets in case i want an earlier combo).

hope this helps
Damiengh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit message
Rob,
Thanks for your help. I guess I need it broken down even more.😬 My knowledge of the different keyboard sounds is minimal, so I don’t know the difference between a CP70, an RD1000 or a Rhodes. versus a vintage Rhodes ; and because of that I don’t know which specific keyboard goes where. So if you don’t mind, can you spell out which sound pack sounds go where?

Example: your EP 4 Hard Dyno is which numbered sound from which sound pack? Or your Organ 2 Hammond B3 is which numbered sound from which sound pack.

Sorry to take up your time with this, but I really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
Damien
Ceyhan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I can not express my gratitude enough for this, I'm going to try them as soon as possible, are they original sounds of sv1 which are developed? or are they external keyboards samples? I am very much excited.
i_am_binky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx! But they're all based on the 3 existing soundpacks Smile

~

And Damien I emailed earlier.. copy/paste the ones you like from mine into yours using the SV-1 Editor.

There's a reference chart in an earlier post in the thread showing which I'd used from the 3 soundpacks.

Knowing the instruments is different... I'd use my soundpack as a base and replace the patches you don't like with your own. They're all instruments from the 60's to 80's. Some are close, some just approximate; tweaked for playing more than listening.. as long as they work in a jam I'm happy.

So back-up the sounds on your SV-1, install mine, and copy back those of yours you prefer.

If you're looking for updates/variations, I tend to make a new backup/update every month or two. Some I announce, others I just upload.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: