Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

Coming from Yamaha CVP-409 I'm every sunny or rainy day very glad I bought the very advanced Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal.

This not that I had something to complain about the Yamaha, what is until so far also the case with Korg.

The only thing is that whatever I read in manuals and whatever I do on the very advanced Korg 76 Oriëntal, there must be still something going very wrong with the global settings, or maybe something else.

So I hope for a professionel advice with a few words about starting the very advanced Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal, so in the form of “Most users will have the following recommended default settings. After this restart the Korg, and then it should also for dummies working, but be aware of the fact that one should never touch this or that, for in that case the happy user has to reïnstall the happy settings of the happy factory again.”

Many thanks in advance for this, and greetings from ze Netherlands from Theo Benschop

PS

Ze problem is that I want to change some irritating sounds in a copy of the file "Polka Pop", what on the very advanced Korg 76 Oriëntal is possible just by pushing the drawbars in such a way that the irritating sound is not there anymore.

So I save these things on this copy.

This said, I'm very happy with this!

After a while I switch the Korg off.

After a while I very happily think it's time to switch the Korg on again.

And then I found unfortunately out that the very advanced Korg 76 Oriëntal is unfortunately again producing some irritating sounds I have lowered with the drawbars and saved in the copy.

Then I thought maybe it’s after all better that I just use the songbook, but here exactly the same problem.

So maybe I'm just too stuped. Or maybe it's just the same matter as the gap between Apple and Windows, so that a Window user will never get used to the fact that he or she will in a perfect Apple computer never find for instance a delete bottom, and a perfect Apple user will never get used to the fact that the much cheaper Windows computer is capable to do many digital things perfectly.

I’m not complaining about these (digital) gaps. Once somebody knows where he or she can find the analog accelerator and the brakes in the analog car, he or she will arrive some day in Rome.

Anyway, in a analog time before digital Windows there was for stuped people a digital editor called “Boxer”.

In a textfile Mr. Boxer wrote “If you want this and/or that, just type at the command prompt Boxer this and/or that."

So in one page were for everybody all possible default settings transparant clear, so in the case that he or she wanted for instance a red background he or she just had to type the right letter after the word Boxer for this,

so that he or she was for the rest of his of here life finished with all the possible default digital settings.

So I’m sure that the very advanced Korg 76 Oriëntal is capable to remember the digital settings that a analog user has saved in a copy of the file “Polka Pop”.

When this is happening then it is maybe in the very advanced Korg 76 Oriëntal possible to copy the saved file to a place that the happy user is able to remember, which is at the moment on page 3 in “user 1” not he case, so hopefully to page 1 of the “favorites”,

which is for one or the other reason not possible as the grey favorites are for the happy user not accessable.

Last edited by Theo Benschop on Tue May 01, 2018 12:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

@Theo Benschop,
You need first to Copy/Paste your style "Polka Pop" in a Favorite or User location, because we cannot save any editing into Factory styles and recall.
Then do your modification/editing and Save.
This is valid for both Styles and Keyboard Sets that are located in Favorites or Users locations.
Hope that helps.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

@BR,

Thanks for your Happy Information!

But unfortunelately what you advise is unfortunelately exactly what I do:

I have first with Copy/Paste copied/pasted the file with the style "Polka Pop" to a free space in the Favorite or User location, because I know that it’s not possible to save and edit anything of the Factory styles (or maybe it is possible if one unlocks the global protection, I don’t know).

So I “edit” the settings of this copy.

And that works fine with the drawbars and saving the new settings: I just push two drawbars down, so that two irritating sounds are not there anymore, safe the new settings, and I’m very happy with the result.

But when I switch the Korg off and on again, I can start all over again, so this also in Songbook that I have pointed out that the file I like to play/edit/save the settings off is there and there on the Korg, and that the style is called "Polka Pop".

So I thought there must be somewhere a global or other setting that is causing something that should actually never happen with a more or less brandnew Korg.

So maybe it’s a combination of just wrong settings (maybe with the setting “original file”, I don’t know).

So I hope that a Professional of the Korg Company has invented the wheel, so that he or she writes down in a few short sentences what the global and other settings for a average more or less dumb user should be,

so that after this Mr or Mrs average user is able to save a average setting that is in the memory of the computer of the Korg until the Korg is switched off.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

PS

For the information of the happy Korg company: I’m at the moment in a happy wifi, so not in the neighbourhood of the happy Korg.

Maybe, I don’t know, there are in the memorie of the Korg two files with the name "Polka Pop" which is causing a conflict between the user and Korg, so that maybe, I don’t know, the only happy solution is to restore the happy factory settings, so that one should’t just copy a file to one or the other place on the Korg, so that this is maybe only possible outside the happy Korg on a happy personal computer?!?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

Theo Benschop wrote:
@BR,

Thanks for your Happy Information!

But unfortunelately what you advise is unfortunelately exactly what I do:...

You're welcome.
I just try to help.
Try this:
Do your editing and pay attention that the SLIDER MODE to be on VOLUME (LED ON), NOT at Assign. A, or Assign. B... and then Save it.
Switch to another sound and get back to your saved sound to see if that resolved your problem.

Please see the screen shot of the Slider Mode:
Commercial Photography

Last edited by BR on Tue May 01, 2018 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

PS

So I hope for a Happy Professionel Advice. So just a few happy words about happily starting the very advanced Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal. So in the happy form of

“Most happy users in the happy Korg world will have the following by the happy professionals of the happy Korg company recommended common default and other settings.

After our Happy Professional Recommendations for 99,99% of the happy users in the happy Korg World just restart the happy Korg, and then the happy user will find out that the happy Korg is al the time day and night also working for happy dummies, but in all places of the happy Korg world be aware of the fact that one should never touch this or that, for in that case the happy user has to reïnstall the happy settings of the happy factory again!”

Last edited by Theo Benschop on Tue May 01, 2018 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

@BR,

Thanks again for your Happy Information!

But unfortunately what you advise is unfortunately exactly what I do after that I had paid attention to the mode of the drawbars.

I had found out that it must be possible to push with my left hand on two drawbars down, this in such a way that it should be for once and all over and out with two irritating sounds.

So that everything turned out with the happy Korg just fine and maybe at this point in the history of mankind everybody in and outside the happy Korg world happy until the end of times.

So this until I switched the happy Korg off and after that on again.

But of course I appreciate your Happy Information, so anyway thanks again!

Last edited by Theo Benschop on Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

Maybe it has to do with “my setting”, I don’t know.

I choosed another instrument that is not “my setting”.

But the same result, the changes aren’t there.

Maybe it has to do with the usb I had once used, I don’t know.

I did this:

Global.

Then in mode preferences: media.

There browse direct folder

I choosed Korg hd newname.set

I unprotected the factory files.

Now it is possible with copy/paste to make a copy of the file to favorites and so on.

I put the file on the first place.

I made the nessessary changes in the file.

I saved the file.

I switched the Korg off and on.

But the same result, the saved changes aren’t there.

This also with the songbook.
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

PS

Or maybe the Korg wants to play everything but the Polka Pop, I don't know.

So I did the restore to the happy factory settings, and then after that the Songbook is working, not one problem with the Polka Pop.

So maybe the whole problem turns out just fine for the next 10 years!
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

So after the happy restoration to the happy factory settings I now for the first time understand that the Songbook is not 1 file with 4 keyboard settings, but instead of this just a Songbook where Korg made it for the happy user possible to safe keyboard settings 1, 2, 3 and 4 AND the settings for the whole choosen style.

So this with the keyboard settings and style the happy user likes, so in that case.

That's probably the reason that the happy Korg company in the manual all the time is saying "You may want to do this, or that.", this apparently with the meaning "The happy user is of course not obliged to do that, if the happy user is for instance happy with one or the other polka, then the happy user should keep it that way".

So once this happy way is not working on the happy Korg: just do the happy restoration to the happy factory settings and do happily your thing on the happy Korg!
Theo Benschop

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Korg PA4X 76 Oriëntal user wants Happy Professional Info Reply with quote

"(...) where the happy Korg company

Emoticon:D

made it for the happy user

possible to safe keyboard settings 1, 2, 3 and 4 AND the settings for the whole choosen style with automatically keyboard setting "1"

on place number one."
Aboammar

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your happy words is so happily irritating me Shocked

Older Keyboards: GEM WS1, and Ketron Vega EX

PC: HP Z1 G3 AIO Workstation

DAW: Presonus Studio One Pro 4
jpires

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: happily Reply with quote

Well, the guy is happy with the Pa4x let's all be happily with him.
After all who isn't happy with Korg Pa4x?
I am very happy with my Pa4x.
Let's all be happy! lol
JP
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering if all this "happiness" is in fact from a strange "language translator" where every "happy" was in fact an emoticon???
It is a bit hard to read but must admit it makes a change eh Wink

Theo seems like a nice Very Happy guy

A belated "Welcome to the Forums" Theo

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: