Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

getting rid of esx2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro666

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: getting rid of esx2 Reply with quote

im doing a gig next week then this thing is going and being replaced by an mpc,not sure which model yet.

the esx2 has so many flaws and just a stupid sequencer in regards to pattern chaining.

making patterns chain to another is ok until you want the same pattern somewhere else to chain to a different pattern,you have to make a copy.....

why not just have a list it runs through, patt 1,patt 2,pat 2, patt2,patt 5.........

so much simpler.

plus the note stealing..........jesus,24 note polyphony?????nope

samples dont play through to the next pattern,they just cut off!!!!

the audio input has no headroom on it at all!!!!

this thing is ok if you wana throw some loops into a hardware jam but as far as doing songs?...its ball ache!!!!
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree man. I upgraded to an Octatrack because the limitations were holding me back and the sample management system was too frustrating. I know the Octatrack is a lot more expensive than the E2S but you know where that extra money went once you sit down and use one, it's like an E2S on steroids.

I haven't sold my E2S yet, I still have some patterns on there that I want to import into the Octatrack, and I may keep it as I made some interesting stuff on it, but I haven't actually created anything new with it since I got the OT.
pedro666

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh ive been looking at the octotrak aswell.

the mk1 version 2nd hand is more in my price range,the mk2 is just to expensive at the moment and is worth more than my car lol
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had saved the money for a mk2 but realised I could get a mk1 for half the price 2nd hand, so done that and bought an Analog Heat with the money I saved. Great combo, couldn't be happier with it.

Going from 25mb sample size limit to 60gb on the Octatrack was a revelation. No more switching SD cards or any of that. And you can connect the OT to your computer and transfer to the card via USB so no need to remove the card at all.
Woodenshoe

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder when you say that note stealing and the lack space to save samples is an issue, it could be you just bought the wrong gear.
It all depends what you want to do with your device. For short samples and loops, I think the E2S is perfect, but with long vocals and soundscapes across several patterns it's going to be a problem.
Also, does more storage space or be more versatile lets you make better music?

Things I see and read on the Internet when it comes to complaining about this machine is just ignorance, not taking the time to learn the instrument inside out and pure frustration because lack of good results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: