Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg minilogue none receiving midi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis16407

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: korg minilogue none receiving midi Reply with quote

Just bought this and hooked up to studio one via midi din.
shows midi in and inputs midi data, track inspector show no midi out or channels?
enable RX midi is set in minilogue, it is also the same trying it with usb midi
this should be so simple , I have done this many times with many keyboards and never had a problem
can anybody help, before I start thinking its a hardware problem and send it back to the shop

ps I'm on mac high sierra 10.13.4 also it wont connect to the librarian with din midi, but will with USB
Louis16407

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Am I the only one Reply with quote

it seems like nobody else has had this problem, very strange indeed, I have now a replacement minilogue and the same problem continues no midi receiving at all Im flabbergasted
demonp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but why posting a new one? There are plenty of topics here discussing Midi in minilogue and monologue. Why not just read them? Is your Daw set properely? The midi channels, the input-output devices?
Louis16407

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply I have worked with midi since it came about I've never had a problem routing cables and setting up. I have read every conceivable question answer on minilogue and monologue contacted korg and checked everywhere .There is no answer to it that I have found.Having bought this keyboard only recently I am really frustrated at not being able to use it correctly
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg have this odd MIDI setting recently with their analogue products which they are calling "MIDI short message" which needs to be enabled to receive non-essential MIDI data such as CC's and whatnot. I'd assume you've found it if the Minilogue needs that set, but it'a a thought.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Louis16407

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: no midi receive minilogue Reply with quote

cheers megamarkd yeah I have tried and enabled midi short message and still no luck at all
demonp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before bringing it to the service, could you check it by connecting any other synth to minilogue? Or maybe using some other cable.
Louis16407

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: non midi Reply with quote

Hi I have done all the basics and changed cables and connected other keyboards gone through every setting to no avail
demonp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all done, than service Sad
I need to try it myself, didnt use my monologue with 5din recieving.
Louis16407

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Non midi reveiving Reply with quote

This a new replacement keyboard I sent the first one back to the shop having tried to get that to work.Still the same problem I'm baffled by this I'm not inexperienced at dealing with midi and have tried every option
demonp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Strange. Did you connect it to other hardware synth to check if the 5din port actually works?
Other: does your soundcard work properly? does it transmit midi to some other synth?
I understand you are expirienced, just guessing.
When using midi and you tell, that no midi outputs found, I guess it may be the interface error or driver error of the interface. Please tell me Im wrong.

By the way I checked my monologue with other synth as master keyboard and midi recieving works properly.
demonp

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today korg.com made an update for monlogue, fixing midi clock. maybe it is your case.
Louis16407

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: non receiving Reply with quote

thank you very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: