Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Copy from program" feature is stealing other trac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: "Copy from program" feature is stealing other trac Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm in sequencer mode adapting a midi file, the 1st 7 tracks are set to ch.1 of which I have layered/spit various instruments I play, I have just copied from program to track 4, (without any effects added) but in doing so this has made track 7 not play, ive checked my zones, midi channels, Karma is off, Kronos X 61 any ideas why it did this?
pete.m

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like everyone is kind of lost with this one! It's hard to say what's going on, and it looks like you've checked out many of the possible causes.

Here are a few things to try, though.

1. What happens if you 'copy from program' to another track - track 3 or 5, or whatever? What effect does that have?

2. What happens if you copy a different program to track 4 rather than the one you copied? Is the effect the same?

3. What happens if you use a different MIDI file? Maybe something in the MIDI file is causing the problem, rather than the Kronos.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to "copy from program" a different sound, Kronos piano, and that didn't knock out track 7 like the other one did.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way it's ok if I just select the track from the track list withing the sequencer by touching the selected track. If I copy from program to another track I'm using, other things go funny, like, more tracks start to play along that are not on the selected channel. It's like quantum kronos twilight zone.
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is well-weird, as you say! I don't really use MIDI files, and so I may be getting out of my depth here. But it's certainly strange...

When you mentioned changing to a piano patch and having no further problesms, I wondered whether or not it could be a polyphony issue and that whatever program you'd originally copied in was more voice-hungry than the piano program. That would explain the fact that you could just play track 7 on its own.

Beyond that, I'm stuck apart from thinking that it is something embedded in the MIDI file somewhere that is the problem. I don't how you would sort that out with the Kronos.

I also use a Kronos X 61, and am happy to test out the file for myself if that would help to at least rule out any issue with your K. You'd need to send me the .SNG file and a PCG that at least includes the seven programs you want to use. My PCG has developed into something quite different from the factory presets, and so probably wouldn't be a fair match unless all your programs are just GM bank presets. Anyway, feel free to get in touch if you think that would help.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, I will just not use the copy from program func on this song, it must be something to do with the midi file I suppose.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarecrow wrote:
Thanks for your help, I will just not use the copy from program func on this song, it must be something to do with the midi file I suppose.

Its def your midi file. likely all sorts off cc and other messages and other instrument formats you can't see

Copy from Program in SEQ mode to a Song file/track works 100% .

I have used some external mid files in the past but they can have obstacles you don't see
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you've made your peace with it, at least.

From what little I know, I think Greg has got it right - I ended up looking at a Cubase users' forum where someone had a similar problem. It seems there is some kind of Cubase function that enables you to get deeper inside the file, but it depends whether you really think it's worth the extra effort. Life's too short to stuff a mushroom, and all that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: