Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs and wishes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Bugs and wishes Reply with quote

In my country we dont have Korg company so I dont have any channels to contact them directly.
And if I try contact them on Facebook for example they just refer me to the local distributor.

I dont know if they read on this forum but I post the bugs I found so far, and some wishes they could change.

You are welcome to report other bugs you may have found in this thread.

Bugs:
Dont receive velocity via USB MIDI
Mod attack in Multi Engine is not consequent. When changing settings it takes some time before it’s applied on every voice
Octave information in OLED display shows in wrong order
DUO MODE with USER WAVES Oscillator gets out of tune

Wishes:
Expression pedal should have RANGE parameter like the MOD wheel
Max ADSR Attack time should be longer

Last edited by Synthee on Sun May 06, 2018 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
OB6

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dont receive velocity via MIDI "

I was about to post about this. I found a work around. Don't use USB MIDI.
velocity does work via standard MIDI.
Synthee

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OB6 wrote:
"Dont receive velocity via MIDI "

I was about to post about this. I found a work around. Don't use USB MIDI.
velocity does work via standard MIDI.

OK, good to know, then I can use that until they fix it.
mookid

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugs(?) :

-oscillator 2 sometimes go crazy, sometimes makes no sound on a note then come back next note

-prologue freeze up during tuning after power on
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Oscillator 1 intermittently doesn't sound.
2. Crash at start up during tuning. It just got stuck on the tuning window.
3. When using Duo mode, some voices go weirdly out of tune. This is not consistent from note to note.
mookid

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send mine back to the seller for an exchange, no way this is OS related pretty sure the first batch is a complete mess
Spacecowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: UNACCEPTABLE Reply with quote

i've heard all the smart ass comments from long time analog users. i think it's complete bullshit. 2018. and they never said a word about all these problems as being normal and they dont sound normal to me. we're constantly geting ripped off.
osflaa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my Prologue 8 on Thursday but have unfortunately experienced the oscillator issues as described by others (noise bursts, single notes out of tune, pitch drifting). I will return the synth tomorrow, but the question is whether I should ask for a new one or ask for my money back. I definitely want this synth but if these issues apply to all of them there is no point asking for a new one. Does anyone know if all the items have these issues?
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

osflaa wrote:
I received my Prologue 8 on Thursday but have unfortunately experienced the oscillator issues as described by others (noise bursts, single notes out of tune, pitch drifting). I will return the synth tomorrow, but the question is whether I should ask for a new one or ask for my money back. I definitely want this synth but if these issues apply to all of them there is no point asking for a new one. Does anyone know if all the items have these issues?

Hey just for fun, what is your serial number? I've got a Prologue 16 with S.N. "000052" and it is broken!

I'm at the point where I need to make a move on this one way or the other and it is looking like my Prologue 16 will have to be returned for a refund. Without any news from Korg this is just too risky for $2K. Maybe I will be back some day but damn...What a shitty launch for a potentially great synth. All I want/need to hear is something like "Hey we are aware of the issues and we are working our asses off to fix this up proper." Instead of nothing....I can't invest in nothing.

Damn!!!!!!!!!
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
osflaa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grokaknock wrote:

Hey just for fun, what is your serial number? I've got a Prologue 16 with S.N. "000052" and it is broken!

I'm at the point where I need to make a move on this one way or the other and it is looking like my Prologue 16 will have to be returned for a refund. Without any news from Korg this is just too risky for $2K. Maybe I will be back some day but damn...What a shitty launch for a potentially great synth. All I want/need to hear is something like "Hey we are aware of the issues and we are working our asses off to fix this up proper." Instead of nothing....I can't invest in nothing.

Damn!!!!!!!!!

My serial number is 000376.

I am in exactly the same situation.

I am afraid this is a hardware related issue that will cause huge costs and practical challenges to Korg. The synth has worked flawlessly to me in all other aspects and I can't find any good alternatives on the market. The Dave Smith Prophet Rev 2 8/16 voice is the closest I have found. Or analog emulations like KingKorg or Nord Lead A1. I want a synth with a simple layout where all important parameters are available as knobs on the panel so I don't constantly have to search for the parameters in menus. Also, the multi generator adds a lot of power to the synth and makes it very versatile. Phase modulation makes it possible to make FM-sounds like crystal clear bells, cymbals and also piano sounds. The oscilloscope display is a great help to understand what is going on.

I consider asking for a replacement synth now or a refund and wait a couple of months before I buy a new one. Hopefully the problem is solved then...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: