Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marceys

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: New combi Reply with quote

Hello,

I new with the Kronos and a lot to learn.

I made a new combi from scratch, assisgned track1 to my other keyboard by setting the midichannel right. So my other keyboard is playing the Rhodes sound of the Kronos. Working fine....

Now i want to play a different sound on the Kronos and i selected a few.... which i can control with the sliders.... to change the sounds....

But i missed the effects on the sounds.... figured out that the best way is to use the option “ copy from program” ..... now i am hearing the reverb and eq that was added in the program...mode.... but there were more things in the program.mode.... when i turn know1 (in program-mode) the sound is changing and getting all juicy... like that)
I would like to have that feature also on the sound in combi-mode... but that wasn’t copied with it.....

Hope i explain myself clearly....

Someone who can help me out here!

Thanks in advance!

Marc
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at the FX's in the program and see what's being used. You can even turn on or off each FX to see what they do. As you probably know you can't have all the original program FX's in a combi with 16 sounds. There is a limited number of FX's (although generous) and you need to be smart about allocating them.

I never import FX's. I build my Combi's and add the FX's I want or need. Having a good understanding of what FX's are available and what each does is all you need. If I were to hear a program that sounded that much different stripped of its FX's then I would dive into the programs FX's and see why.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also check timbre Parameters tab page in Combi.

The OSC sub page there has a way to reduce a program’s OSC make up.
If combi mode has one program OSC disabled via timbre parameters while program mode has the same program using two active OSC, then you lose in combi, one layer of the sound and any LFO or step sequencer function tied to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: