Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommend me an arranger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
triton_lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Recommend me an arranger Reply with quote

I use the Pa50 for almost 11 years and i created many sounds and performances from scratch. I also converted my favorite Triton sounds to the Pa50 successfully and i'm really happy with the overall sound (and also my fellow musicians). Very clean and crisp sounding machine, same filters and rom with the Triton.

I have a serious sound compatibility problem that prevents me from upgrading to a new korg arranger. I tried to transfer and re-create my sounds/performances to some of my friend's keyboards (pa600, pa2x, pa4x). The result is not good at all. The filters and resonance are different. Many rom samples has changed or missing. The equalizer options don't help at all.

I really want to keep my hard and tested work from the Pa50 and also benefit from the new sounds and technology the new arranger should offer. I don't wont to resample my sounds and lose all the original color and expressiveness.

Any recommendation? Maybe the Pa1x should be an option? (i have been offered a Pa1x pro in excellent condition and a very reasonable price)

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english!

Last edited by triton_lover on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check out the MicroArranger? I seem to recall that it may be closer to the Pa50?
triton_lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
Did you check out the MicroArranger? I seem to recall that it may be closer to the Pa50?

Yes but i would like something with normal keys/aftertouch and possible a touchscreen

Thanks for the reply!
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

triton_lover wrote:
Koekepan wrote:

Yes but i would like something with normal keys/aftertouch and possible a touchscreen

Thanks for the reply!

You will have to compromise, either normal keys and touch screen, and get a PA1,2 or 3 and totally redo your sounds etc; or go to an old PA80 or maybe the MicroArranger might do the job. Risk it for the biscuit, so to speak.

Or get the Micro Arranger and a midi controller for the keys size etc.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microarranger is actually a pa50 so no point going there in my opinion..
The pa1x on the other hand has almost the same features as the pa80 (a pa50 with better keybed and sampling) with more sampling options , color touchscreen and some more advantages...
I d still say start over and get a pa4x (or its smaller brothers pa700/pa1000)
Once you learn it and its features you ll be able to recreate those sounds.
It is a long process though...
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triton-lover you mentioned in a previous topic that...... you found in the manual that you could load your samples into the PA2x in the below topic.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108818

Why doin't you just do that as you mentioned and do the tweaking as you would have to anyway, in any other keyboard you get?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: