Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major problems after Korg driver installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan313s

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Major problems after Korg driver installation Reply with quote

I have had this problem since last week when I installed drivers for my new Monologue. I have a red x on my system tray volume button, and one on my network connections icon. The wifi works.

I can plugin external audio to the input of my Audigy5/rx and I can hear my Volca fine. My wav, mp3, etc. files won't play, my DAW Tracktion6 shows volume on the in and out put (sometimes), but no sound comes out. My other softsynths say there is no soundcard installed.

on the speaker icon it says "no speakers or headphones detected". I have tried all of the normal fixes for this problem, and nothing works...Like enabling windows audio and audio service. I have gone into BIOS and enabled sound from there.

On my network icon it says not connected-no connections are available.

I have reinstalled and updated all of my drivers. I have disabled my realtek soundcard. I disabled and re-enabled my AMD sound drivers.

I installed the creative alchemy drivers for the Audigy.

I tried repair windows, system restore, safe mode diagnostics...nothing works.

I have rtpMidi installed in order to play my iPad over wifi. I have a MIDISPORT 2X2 PLUGGED IN.
ryan313s

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fix was to enable audio devices in BIOS (not auto), disable all audio devices in hardware and sound...AMD, Midisport, Audigy, Realtek, tevirtualmidi...then do a system restore in safe mode.

A little gun shy about reinstalling the Korg drivers, but I could really use the library.
demonp

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check Korg Usb driver utility. it is installed with the driver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: