Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos "Bleeding Edge" version . ..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
Labs NeKo, MiKo, and some that I'm forgetting. What was the workstation that Sharp (our webmaster) bought? It was from Europe (maybe Italian).

The biggest hit most tech companies take is the cost of support, which a lot of smaller shops don't think about until it's too late.

Hard enough to take care of customers in a tightly controlled environment. Trying to do support on an open architecture? Yikes. Braver than me.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
playboy354 wrote:
I guess a company selling a synth that is easily upgraded hardware wise like a pc would defeat the purpose of developing synth workstations but imagine if someone did...if it's possible they would make all the money

It has been done. Open Labs NeKo, MiKo, and some that I'm forgetting. What was the workstation that Sharp (our webmaster) bought? It was from Europe (maybe Italian).

A PC running software like Cantabile is as upgradable as it gets. Pick your host platform (mine is an NUC core i7 with 500GB SSD, 32GB RAM), pick your VSTs...., Pick your controllers (mine are Kronos and Montage which also make great sounds as well).

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
A PC running software like Cantabile is as upgradable as it gets. Pick your host platform (mine is an NUC core i7 with 500GB SSD, 32GB RAM), pick your VSTs...., Pick your controllers (mine are Kronos and Montage which also make great sounds as well).

Interesting software, thanks for mentioning it.

One of the things that led me down the path that ended up being a Kronos purchase was latency. When playing vst instruments via my 88 key controller -> Cubase, there was enough latency to be a distraction. I didn't want to be constantly tuning buffer sizes for playing versus tracking, etc. and opted instead for a hardware solution.

What's the latency like when playing through Cantabile?
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
xp50player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the things that led me down the path that ended up being a Kronos purchase was latency. When playing vst instruments via my 88 key controller -> Cubase, there was enough latency to be a distraction. I didn't want to be constantly tuning buffer sizes for playing versus tracking, etc.

Cubase 7 and later have ASIO Guard for longer buffering on the playback tracks.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but it's easier to just press a key on the Kronos and be done with it. Smile
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: