Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy a Kronos get a Monologue free
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
Yamaha did something like this the last 9 or so months the Motif XF was their top-end board. Maybe this means something new is on the horizon?

If that turns out to be the case then I'll be even happier with last week's Kronos purchase. I like buying a platform that has been around long enough to be debugged and as stable as something with bits and bytes is going to get. When the 1.0 version of the new hotness comes out, I'll cheer you guys on from a safe distance. Smile

Regarding Monologue, I did my registration / request last week. Has anyone else bought the Kronos during the Monologue promotion? I'd be curious to know how long it took for it to be delivered. They say a few weeks, I'm assuming ymmv is implied.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
ITguy54

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisDuncan wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
Yamaha did something like this the last 9 or so months the Motif XF was their top-end board. Maybe this means something new is on the horizon?

If that turns out to be the case then I'll be even happier with last week's Kronos purchase. I like buying a platform that has been around long enough to be debugged and as stable as something with bits and bytes is going to get. When the 1.0 version of the new hotness comes out, I'll cheer you guys on from a safe distance. Smile

I know what you mean. When HD TVs first came out, LCD and Plasma were several thousand dollars and new technology, that undoubtedly was going to have many improvements over time. So I went the safe route and bought a 32 inch CRT HD television for $599. Of course it was very heavy compared to the flat screen TVs and my CRT TV only did 1080i resolution, but hey, it was stable, mature technology that wasn’t going to be improved any more, so I dig ya man.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the same thing with my second Corvette. The first was fifth generation, and the year they came out with the C6 I bought a new one that was the last year of the C5.

Everything runs on software today. When I'm doing 88 mph down the freeway, the very last thing I want in my life is 1.0 technology.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate post Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by ITguy54 on Fri May 25, 2018 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisDuncan wrote:
Did the same thing with my second Corvette. The first was fifth generation, and the year they came out with the C6 I bought a new one that was the last year of the C5.

Everything runs on software today. When I'm doing 88 mph down the freeway, the very last thing I want in my life is 1.0 technology.

Interesting thing about the C5 and C6; According to reports GM tried to sell the C6 as totally new, but it turns out a large number of parts are interchangeable, which led Car and Driver to call the C6 the "C5 and 11/16".

A possibly more apt comparison would be comparing your C5 to the upcoming C8 which is going to be mid engined. Sure there are going to be years of improvements and refining, but it's going to be a monster car.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
ChrisDuncan wrote:

Interesting thing about the C5 and C6; According to reports GM tried to sell the C6 as totally new, but it turns out a large number of parts are interchangeable, which led Car and Driver to call the C6 the "C5 and 11/16".

A possibly more apt comparison would be comparing your C5 to the upcoming C8 which is going to be mid engined. Sure there are going to be years of improvements and refining, but it's going to be a monster car.

I did drive the C6 when it came out and that's exactly what it felt like. A year ago I went to a C7. Major upgrade in every possible way, and it had been out for a few years so I didn't have to endure the 1.0 experience. C8 sounds cool but you can bet I won't be an early adopter. Smile

Can't imagine outgrowing the Kronos anytime soon but if Korg does come out with some Major New Thing in the next year or two it's not going to lessen the enjoyment of what I already have.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha has done this sort of "mid life kicker" promotion on their pro keyboards for years. It's a classic strategy to help move product when it's no longer the new kid on the block.

Can't say I like the Monologue enough that it would make me pull the trigger on a Kronos. Unless it was just to flip it and pocket the change... Wink

FWIW my local MusicGoRound (used gear chain store) got in about a dozen Monologues in different colors not long ago and still has a few around.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even realize the free Monologue was a thing until after I'd already decided on the Kronos and started shopping for price. But hey, if it's free anyway, may as well take it.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi it and input it through your Kronos.
You can use all the Kronos FX on your Monologue and use full size keys Very Happy
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Midi it and input it through your Kronos.
You can use all the Kronos FX on your Monologue and use full size keys Very Happy

I was definitely planning on playing it through the Kronos, 88 keys and a great feel.

I don't understand what you mean by using Kronos FX, though. I'd assumed the FX were audio, i.e. play through Kronos sound engines, hear through audio outs. Are there also FX that generate midi data that the Monologue would respond to?

By the way, enjoyed People Are Awesome. The world needs more good vibes. Smile
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris.
If you go into Global and press the audio tab, you will see a screen that lets you control the pan, levels and amount of FX sends, that you want your inputted instrument to receive. This included 1/4 jack line ins and usb.

You could make a silent preset and name it Monologue and so you would only hear the monologue and yet use the Kronos fx to route it through.
Very cool.

Very Happy
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't think of routing the audio output of the Monologue back into the Kronos. Very cool, thanks!
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:

Korg has done this before when something new is coming....They did the free moss board with the Triton Extreme not too long before the M3 came out.
studio460

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, often these types of promotions are offered mid-product life-cycle to move inventory. Yamaha got me to buy a Montage 7 with their recent free pair of HS5 monitors promotion (plus a 10%-off Reverb flash sale).

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

studio460 wrote:
Yes, often these types of promotions are offered mid-product life-cycle to move inventory. Yamaha got me to buy a Montage 7 with their recent free pair of HS5 monitors promotion (plus a 10%-off Reverb flash sale).

Thats true. Yamaha did the same monitor promo with Montage last November.

Roland did a 10% price reduction on the FA last November. Which motivated me
to get it. The mfgr' sponsored promos don't last long, maybe a few weeks.

Retailers have to move inventory, holiday season is often the time to make things happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: