Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS20 Mini - Does anyone have..\....?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaztech

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: MS20 Mini - Does anyone have..\....? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Schematics:

I'm a service tech in Malta. I currently have an MS-20 Mini here in for repair. Problem seems to be with the Keyboard CV - There isn't any at all.

Does anyone have any schematics for this unit which specifically show the keyboard itself and the small daughter board at the back of the unit?

The unit I have doesn't produce any sound and there is nothing coming out of the KEYBD CV jack. Power supply rails all look just fine. If I inject signals in then they come out of the filters and the oscillators will run if I prod around them so this is down to a keyboard control voltage issue somewhere. There is no TRIG output LED on this version so it doesn't acknowledge that you are actually pressing a key (would be useful).

The problem is that the newer version with midi is VERY different to the old MS-20 so I need some more info before I can get this one working.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Gary
eatpastaproducefasta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in the daughter board schematics too as well. I also have a faulty Mini, but in my case CV is ok. Instead, MIDI seems to be broken (keyboard, MIDI In and USB do not respond). Only way to make it go blip blop, is with the help of an external CV controller.

Pretty sure the "daughter board" gone bad.

Shocked

EDIT: Typo.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korganalogue.net/korgms/service/ms20/m20s.html

http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Korg/MS-20_SERVICE_MANUAL.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: