Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg...Where are you on these issues?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Korg...Where are you on these issues? Reply with quote

Crashes: The synth just locks up solid. Wouldn't even turn off the other day. I had to unplug the power cable.

Tuning Issues: Analogue Ocillators exhibit multiple tuning issues. Sometimes random notes out of nowhere. The Mutli-Engine when in Duo or Unison mode exhibits bad tuning as well. Sometimes completely wrong notes.

Oscillators not sounding at all: Osc 1 on my unit just doesn't sound about 20% of the time.

Noise in the outputs and a fluttering sound on the left side when the compressor is engaged.

Aliasing on the multi-engine. Ok this one is to be expected to a certain degree.

Multiple users have reported these issues on other forums. Why is Korg silent? Where are the calibration routines for the oscillators and filter that every other synth I own has? OB-6, Sub37, Rev2, Slim Phatty etc etc....

Come on Korg, I gave you my money and now we need to see and hear some info on these issues! I want to keep the Prologue but you are making it harder and harder to justify with this silence.

Thanks!

Last edited by Grokaknock on Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, this is a 'surrogate' forum, so not officially monitored by Korg, but I can't say that nobody from Korg reads here, just it's not an official Korg Support Forum.

Remember the synth is in it's infancy, so will have some teething problems. The firmware updates will keep coming for awhile, I'm sure. Korg are undoubtedly working on the fixes right now, so patience, Grasshopper.

I understand your frustrations though, I remember when I pre-ordered a Beatstep Pro and it was audibly jittering once it arrived and I got it home. Made it pretty much unusable as it was like a drunkard trying to walk down the street, it staggered that badly. Though in a few months it was sorted and everyone was pleased. That was a small French company with one firmware engineer. I think Korg will have it sorted way faster than Arturia took to tighten up the BSP timing.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dude, this is a 'surrogate' forum, so not officially monitored by Korg, but I can't say that nobody from Korg reads here, just it's not an official Korg Support Forum.

Yea I know, but if you check out the Kronos forum...You'll see that they do in fact respond and contribute. At least one guy does.

Quote:
Remember the synth is in it's infancy, so will have some teething problems. The firmware updates will keep coming for awhile, I'm sure. Korg are undoubtedly working on the fixes right now, so patience, Grasshopper.

Cough...I'm probably older than you Smile Many synths I've bought in the last 30 years have had issues out of the gate. More so in the last 5 years then ever before though. And...It has been almost 5 months since it's release. (Jan. 18th) You said your Beat Step was sorted in a few months. I don't even know if Korg is aware of these issues. I am scheduled to take delivery of a replacement sometime in June and I really don't want the replacement to have more of the same. I like this synth.

I guess I'm used to having more of a dialogue with a company. DSI, Moog, Studio Electronics employees are on various forums all the time. No problem at all reporting issues and getting feedback from the source. On the flip side, it's like Roland, Korg and Yamaha are behind protective walls and very hard to reach anyone with knowledge of the product in question. The Kronos forum gave me hope for Korg.

All I want is acknowledgement of these issues. Something like "Hey guys we are aware and we are working on it."

Thanks for responding, sincerely.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grokaknock wrote:

Cough...I'm probably older than you Smile

Dunno, notice the Kung Fu reference?

As I mentioned, this isn't an 'official' Korg forum. It's run by enthusiasts for free, we are lucky to have somewhere dedicated to Korg instruments considering all that. Perhaps raising a support ticket will get the attention you are seeking from Korg?
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dunno, notice the Kung Fu reference?

Oh I got it...But I prefer Mr. Carradine to be driving a cheap evil car and mowing down pedestrians for points. And who can forget that blonde navigator!

Quote:
Perhaps raising a support ticket will get the attention you are seeking from Korg?

It asks for the serial number and I haven't registered the unit yet. I think I might try and contact them anyway.
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grokaknock wrote:
Oh I got it...But I prefer Mr. Carradine to be driving a cheap evil car and mowing down pedestrians for points. And who can forget that blonde navigator!

Ahh yes, that was a fun film.

Grokaknock wrote:
It asks for the serial number and I haven't registered the unit yet. I think I might try and contact them anyway.

I've not had to contact Korg before. Registration here isn't idea as it's through our local distributor not Korg and don't have the same support options as the USA site does :\
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: