Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I SOULD OF LISTENED TO PEOPLE.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leetheedge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: I SOULD OF LISTENED TO PEOPLE. Reply with quote

well I decided to buy the krome 61 and its going straight back.(yes I know I should of tried one first but was getting desperate and needed it quick)

the keybed is horrible compared to my m3,i knew there would be a difference but not that much.the keys feel slightly smaller and don't seem to go down enough.
it feels like a toy aswel.to be honest thou I didn't mind the sounds and I loved the screen.
looks like another m3 or kronos for me..ebay here I come.
Shutoku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just brought home a Krome 88.

I already own a Kross 61 which has the same keybed as the Krome 61 and 73, and it is indeed pretty terrible (as is the piano sound)

Ideally if the Krome 73 had weighted action, it would have been my choice, but since it doesn't I knew it had to be the 88.

By the way, I absolutely LOVE it!!!
leetheedge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally understand what your saying.its definatley the 61 keybed that is awful.

I have a roland f140r 88 note which is great but I prefer the 61 note semi weighted for playing in my band.

my m3 keybed is class.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone thinking of buying a low-end workstation should always try-before-they-buy, because the keybed is one place that manufacturers can cut costs (it's number of keys times cost per key)... so the keybeds on the Krome and Kross workstations aren't as good as on the M3 and Kronos, but that's not really a fair comparison, since the high-end instruments cost cost two or three times as much...everybody has their own opinion about the minimum acceptable keyboard feel, anyway (and we know what opinions are like, everybody's got one); to me, the cheaper Korg workstations have not-as-good-but-certainly-playable keybeds and reasonably good sounds, and are very easy to move around, too, due to those cheaper lightweight keybeds...

df
Zorgan

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought both the korg krome 61 and the korg m50 61

the korg m50 61 is actually better keybed in my opinion, actually my krome is going up for sale ASAP

not only becuase of the keybed, but becuase of the way it sounds, the M50 is way better sounding, just like an M3, the krome on the other hand, I found it very underwhelming, I even got more inspiration from my X50 a few years back when I bought one, very disappointed, even on the ported german grand from the kronos, it actually sounds like i'm playing a soundfont (i'm sorry if anyone from korg is reading this but it's how it felt when playing that ported piano)

I can't complain too much though becuase I did buy it second hand at a reasonable price, one other thing I did notice is that the DA converters seem much higher quality, everything seems EQ'd warmer on the M50 in comparison to the krome, not sure what my ears are telling me, I just know and feel much more at home on the M50 where i'm confused becuase the M50 was out before the krome by a few years so I would had thought this would had been better, thoughts?
Korg M50
Yamaha MOXF6 - gets the most <3
Korg X5DR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: