Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodbye Stranger program : reducing distortion?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Goodbye Stranger program : reducing distortion? Reply with quote

My band is playing “Goodbye Stranger” by Supertramp. Really fun. I’m using the EP program with the name “Goodbye Stranger” and it sounds great. However, it overdrives a bit much when played aggressively. I need some coaching on how I might preserve the sound of the E piano but dial back the overdrive/ distortion. I can’t seem to find my way in the program, so thanks in advance for any tips or coaching.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Stranger program : reducing distortion? Reply with quote

Zippydog wrote:
My band is playing “Goodbye Stranger” by Supertramp. Really fun. I’m using the EP program with the name “Goodbye Stranger” and it sounds great. However, it overdrives a bit much when played aggressively. I need some coaching on how I might preserve the sound of the E piano but dial back the overdrive/ distortion. I can’t seem to find my way in the program, so thanks in advance for any tips or coaching.

I don't use the program. Since you play it aggressively, check( try a diff #) your velocity setting in Global
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I only want to change for this sound and not globally.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zippydog"]Thanks, but I only want to change for this sound and not globally.[/quote]

I think what you may want to experiment with is the overdrive components of this sound. Take a look in the parameter guide and type in overdrive. It’ll take you to a variety of different modes to make adjustments. It also could be just the way after touch is programmed on it but I would think it’s more likely an amp setting or driver setting that could be dialed back.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way, I think, is to use Compressor/Limiter effects in IFXs
JFree

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in front of the board now but...you should be able to tap the picture of the Wurli. On the right side is a drive toggle and amount knob. If the toggle is on, there's your distortion. Toggle off or reduce level to taste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: