Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I hear what I play on the Microkorg live?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheoKORG

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: How can I hear what I play on the Microkorg live? Reply with quote

Hello there, let me add some context:

Right now (At least) I'm not interested in recording anything from the Microkorg. I just want to be able to play, and hear everything without latency issues. The only way I've managed to do that so far is through Audacity, and I have to press record for that, it's such a weird tactic. Isn't there any way I can just hear the playback live? That's all I want.

The only things I have are a Behringer UMC202HD and audio cables.

I have searched everywhere, for like days now and nothing. Include the fact that I'm also totally clueless = no solution so far.

Please enlighten me.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not connecting the mK immediately to a PA/amplifier/monitors? You do not intend to record, so why bothering going through an audio interface on a PC?

You can also try the direct monitor function of the Behringer, I would expect it routes then the inputs (i.e. the output of the mK) immediately to the outputs without going to the PC in fact.

Going through the PC will inevitably add some latency. The amount depends a bit on the whole setup: the audio interface, the pc, the software that you are using and so on. Playing with a substantial latency does indeed not work very well.

Have fun.
TheoKORG

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey OpAmp thanks for the reply,

This is what the back of my subwoofer looks like: https://www.modders-inc.com/modules/NDReviews/images/logitech_z4-8.JPG

I guess I'd need some adaptors to connect the microkorg there?

Also about the direct monitoring, with the whole audacity scheme I have set up it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, maybe in an actual legitimate connection scenario, it would work better.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You need a stereo cable with on one end a 1/4 inch jack (to be inserted in the headphone output of the mK) and on the other end a 1/8 inch jack (to be inserted in the green input of the logitech). In the better music shop they can give you that right away. Or a stereo cable with 1/8 inch jacks at both ends + a 1/8 to 1/4 inch converter.

With direct monitoring I meant this: try to push the direct monitor button on the Behringer audio I/F. Your mK should sound right away without using audacity.

Good luck.
slug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to go through your soundcard as you have described, you simply need one that has a mix control. Ie on something as basic as Tascam US2x2 it allows you to mix between the input (real time no latency) and the computer output (which includes any subsequent latency).

AKA hardware monitoring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: