Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a click track in Reaper from Minilogue sequence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MLuser

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Creating a click track in Reaper from Minilogue sequence Reply with quote

Hi there,

First time poster here. It's been years since I used MIDI and really only used it to connect a couple roland 840's to sync up start, about 15 years ago. Never used it for anything else.

I have a Minilogue (ML) and am working with Reaper.

I'd like to record my ML sequence for a few minutes using Reaper, which I can do, audio only, as of now.

I'd like Reaper to record the audio, as well as a click source track that is sync'd up with the recorded ML sequence.

This would leave me with two tracks in Reaper.
1. The recorded ML sequence audio
2. a click source track that is sync's up with that audio.

The click source track would be used to record acoustic drums and other instruments to the song.

Is this possible? I've tried without any luck. It seems that maybe I need to set the ML up in slave mode, clock source internal. After that I'm not having any luck setting up reaper to lock onto that source and create a click source track that is sync'd with it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
MLuser

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out. I was sending MIDI from USB on ML to Mac's USB port. Wrong.

I tried going to my Saffire Pro 40 interface with both audio and MIDI from the ML, output via Firewire to the mac. MIDI set to the Saffire in Reaper and it magically worked. I can set the BPM in Reaper and the sequencer in ML syncs, then the inserted click track in Reaper also syncs up. All lines up and I'm good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: