Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1R Factory Preload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginogino

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: M1R Factory Preload Reply with quote

Hi
I have an M1R with all init programs (battery replaced). Ok, I have already done this other times by sending sysex data, but only on M1 Keyb.
I thought I could do the same with M1R but it doesn't work. The device is properly configured to receive Sysex, receives data (MIDI activity LED flashes), but when data transfer ends nothing happens (even after reboot).
I doubt that M1 sysex file is not good for M1R but on the Korg website, in discontinued products download section, only M1 "preld.syx/midi" is available, while M1R is not even mentioned.
Does anyone know the problem and eventually kindly give me suggestions?

Thank in advance

p.s. I dont have M1 or M1R cards Sad
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have the M1, one thing worth trying is to see if the computer, MIDI interface, and sysex software are capable of programming the M1.

Sending SysEx can be timing critical e.g. in MIDI-OX, several settings will probably need to be changed in order to succeed. The cheap USB to MIDI interfaces also tend to be unreliable in sending "good" SysEx. A Korg Kontrol49 has been a reliable way of getting the M1 to accept SysEx.

ginogino

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply and expertise.
In fact I'm using a very cheap MIDI2USB interface Smile. Before I used a MOTU and I never had problems, and then you make me doubt.
About SW to send sysex, could be ok a sequencer like Cubase with BPM to a minimum?
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked and looked but couldn't seem to find any particular factory preset sysex file specific to the M1R. I tend to think the only difference between the two was the keyboard and card slots, with them both running on the same brain.

ginogino wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply and expertise.
In fact I'm using a very cheap MIDI2USB interface Smile. Before I used a MOTU and I never had problems, and then you make me doubt.
About SW to send sysex, could be ok a sequencer like Cubase with BPM to a minimum?

Ooh, there could be the problem, some interfaces don't like sysex. If you have a friend with a better interface, see if they will lend it to you or if you can take the M1R to their studio.
Also do a search for "sysex transfer/tx" sometime you need particular data speeds and packet sizes for some devices to receive correctly (or even realise it's receiving sysex). It's all pretty mystical stuff, but you can find out the right incantation to make it work with a little spade work (a la peanutbutter jar!)
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: