Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma module incroaching into where it shoudn't

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Karma module incroaching into where it shoudn't Reply with quote

Hi,

I have set up a 4 timber comibi, 2 of which I have midi zoned to below f4 and use acoustic strummer 0892. and set the module A to run only below the same point. But I noticed the sound still comes through in the upper zones, although it doesent play the riff, it effects the start of it.

the timbers used with the karma are set to 2 the others are set to gch.

Karma module A is set to run with input ch set to OIG and output set to 2, both red line are under the 2 channels I want carma to use.

The sounds I don't want in the upper zoness only come when karma button is on.

I have tried many variations of timbers and input/output channels as well as double checking both key and karma zones.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did did you check the Thru/in and Timbre through options?
All on the GE setup page.
I don’t know for sure if it makes a difference in your setup with the key zoning you have done, but if it were my issue, i would first explore how Thru/in and Timbre thru settings affect things as they are.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I tried with all on and off, its seem the GE display is using that part of the keyboard to generate extra notes, but when I move the sliders down on "note range" the note goes lower but still plays in the area it should play.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should't play
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma module incroaching into where it shoudn't Reply with quote

Scarecrow wrote:
Hi,

I have set up a 4 timber comibi, 2 of which I have midi zoned to below f4 and use acoustic strummer 0892. and set the module A to run only below the same point. But I noticed the sound still comes through in the upper zones, although it doesent play the riff, it effects the start of it.

the timbers used with the karma are set to 2 the others are set to gch.

Karma module A is set to run with input ch set to OIG and output set to 2, both red line are under the 2 channels I want carma to use.

I have tried many variations of timbers and input/output channels as well as double checking both key and karma zones.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

is this your " custom combi' where you set up Karma ?

If its an existing combi with Karma, explain the combi name in the event someone can duplicate the problem
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh at first I was like "OIG"? But then realized you meant channel 1, the default global channel (01G).
I see exactly what the problem is, since the first note sometimes starts an octave higher than what you play, that note can be out of range of your key zone. Since that first note is outside your key zone it doesn't sound the timbre, but the next note KARMA plays is within your zone... essentially making the GE sound like it plays a rest and then starts late.

You can drop the passage down an octave or expand your keyzone up an octave. You can also use the Force Range parameter to force your notes into that C3-B3[2] range but then you're restricting yourself to that octave.

I didn't run into the problem with Note Range on 127.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I should try upping the note range, rather than lowering it? I assume when you refer to "passage you mean the slider/parameter.

To answer Greg's question, the combie is from scratch, but I may have used the copy from program to include Karma with the steel guitar program.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarecrow wrote:
So I should try upping the note range, rather than lowering it? I assume when you refer to "passage you mean the slider/parameter.

I didn't run into the problem with Note Range on 127 so yeah see if that works first. And no, when I referred to passage I meant the passage you actually play. Conversely you can transpose notes down an octave in the Karma Control tab.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Conversely you can transpose notes down an octave in the Karma Control tab."

doing this in modle A only makes the note sound lower.

Putting note range up to 127 in Karma GE does the same as transposing. they are still being played, just a lower/highter tone, how do I get them off and out of the zones because when the strum pattern is playing and I then play choir further up the keyboard, this triggers the strum patteren again. sounds bad,
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I see exactly what the problem is, since the first note sometimes starts an octave higher than what you play, that note can be out of range of your key zone. Since that first note is outside your key zone it doesn't sound the timbre, but the next note KARMA plays is within your zone... essentially making the GE sound like it plays a rest and then starts late."

This dosen't describe whats happening, the strumming pattern is fine and all the notes are playing, it's just that it is being re triggered in parts of the keyboard when I am playing other timbers, having set the zones up for it not to. If I just play in those zones I can hear the guitars there, but without the Karma pattern, I wish to not have them there at all, especially as they re trigger the karma pattern when it is being played.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Karma module incroaching into where it shoudn't Reply with quote

I'm going to ask you to reexplain some things. I'll need you to double check your setting while in front of your Kronos.

Scarecrow wrote:
I have set up a 4 timber comibi, 2 of which I have midi zoned to below f4 and use acoustic strummer 0892. and set the module A to run only below the same point.
So you're saying you zoned the guitar timbres below F4 in the tab MIDI Filter/Zones, right? And then you also zoned Module A below F4 in the GE Setup / Key Zones tab...

Scarecrow wrote:
But I noticed the sound still comes through in the upper zones, although it doesent play the riff, it effects the start of it.
I think the only way I can make sense of what you're trying to say is that "Thru Out Z" must be checked like 19naia pointed out. But... that still wouldn't sound a timbre that's been ranged below F4 in the MIDI Filter/Zones tab if you were to play anything above F4.

Scarecrow wrote:
Again this seems to conform to "Thru Out Z" behavior in the GE Setup/Key Zones tab. Note that this is different from the Timbre Thru checkboxes to the right of the MIDI I/O section of the GE Setup tab.

So uncheck Thru Out Z for Module A in the GE Setup/Key Zones tab if it is on. Also double check where you ranged both guitar timbres in the MIDI Filter/Zones tab. IS there a point on the keyboard where your guitar timbres aren't triggered? It's possible you just programmed in F4 when you meant F3.

Scarecrow wrote:
If I just play in those zones I can hear the guitars there, but without the Karma pattern, I wish to not have them there at all, especially as they re trigger the karma pattern when it is being played.
The out zone is retriggering the KARMA pattern? Make sure you don't have any Dynamic MIDI assignments in the Dynamic MIDI tab.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ureaka!!!! the last thing you mentioned "Dynamic midi" of which I have never been to before, has on no. 7 "Note outside Zone" turning this off by unchecking the red square solved my problem.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for persisting in this case.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom, got 'em. KARMA is a vast system so troubleshooting can be super difficult. What I thought was one problem ended up being something completely different. I like the challenge and in this case I'm just happy it's solved!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not figure it being anything outside “Thru” settings and i even considered Dynamic midi as possible place but did not mention it because there is no way i can get into the details of dynamic midi without my kronos on in front of me. I use dynamic midi sometimes but i still have to go very slowly and follow step by step guide or youtube instruction.
My Kronos is packed in storage and i am far off in another part of the world for months.

Glad to see the resolution come and i get to learn from it.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: