Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MUSICAL RESOURCES FOR KORG PA1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: NEW MUSICAL RESOURCES FOR KORG PA1000 Reply with quote

……..GUILTY AS CHARGED……

….I’VE BEEN AT IT AGAIN……

…..FOR OVER 100 HOURS …..

BUT NOW AVAILABLE :
JS MUSICAL RESOURCES FOR KORG PA1000

For a period of four months I have spent countless hours in restructuring the contents of my PA1000. In doing so I have created among others:

-Close to 200 new Total Registrations ,located in the Songbook /Setlist JSS
-More than 250 new and tweaked solo sounds in User Sound Banks JSS/JS
-More than 250 new and tweaked Keyboard Sets (JSS/JS)

In addition I have added:
More than 500 extra styles both in the internal memory and in the user style banks memory. ( freeware)
More than 500 extra Sounds and Keyboard Sets in the user banks memory
(freeware)

For more details and how to obtain these new JS Resources send me a mail!

John Smies
pasounds@zeelandnet.nl
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great many views but no responses which could mean all sorts of things but just to promote your interest here, I am offering this complete and extensive set of new registrations, sounds, keyboard sets, etc. at only 20 euros.
And I will offer it for free to the first two persons who order !!!!!!

best I can do,

regards,
John

FOR JUST 1% MORE OF THE PRICE OF YOUR NEW KEYBOARD YOU WILL GET 25% TO 50% SONIC IMPROVEMENT AND ENHANCED MUSICAL PLEASURE COMPARED TO THE PA1000 OUT OF THE BOX !
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Resources Reply with quote

Will these work on the Pa700 ?
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Resources Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
Will these work on the Pa700 ?

NO.
Not yet anyway............

John
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked the following question:

"....Hi John, so do your resources replace the factory resources? What happens to any programming we have already done?......"

My answer is a lenghty one and you may want to take your time to read it!

NO. It does not replace any of the factory default resources.
Any programming already done will be affected initially but can easily be restored.

Allow me for you and all other owners or prospective owners of a Korg PA1000 to elaborate so that once and for all this matter gets cleared.

First of all I would like to remind all of you that Korg arranger keyboars ever since the introduction of the PA range with the PA1X on the outset of this century is one of the most flexible keyboards on this planet if it comes to saving and loading resources. ( styles, sounds, pads, registrations, etc). It is the only keyboard that even allows the owner ( should he or she wish to do do) to wipe the entire factory styles presets and replace them by styles of your own.

To load or save the entire user memory ( user sounds, user styles, user samples , user pads) you can simply use the SAVE or LOAD function in MEDIA MODE. If you care to switch of the "factory protect "in global mode you will even save the factory styles as well. You can opt to save/load ALL or parts, like e.g. only one bank of styles, or even only one style. All this is done in the LOAD/SAVE MODE in MEDIA. We are talking here about ALL.sets.

By contrast you can also back up the entire contents of your keyboard in one go ( all users and all factory material) by making a so-called BKP file in the MEDIA>>UTLITIES section.
In that same section you can either RESTORE the complete factory default settings, or restore your or someone else's BKP file.

The "problem" with many users is the fact that they are afraid to make full use of these functions for fear of losing data. That is an absurd notion ! Why would Korg include these fantastic means of saving and loading if not for the benefit of its user ? Nevertheless I always advise people to save their current contents in two ways: 1/ BKP ( utitilities) and ALL. SET via SAVE ALL (with factory protect set to off preferably)

Now as to my new JS Musical Resources for the PA1000.
The ONLY way to hear and appreciate what I have done is basically to load my BKP file. ( explained in detail in the accompanying manual). Then you will go through all my stuff , see below, and afterwards restore your own BKP file and go "cherry picking " in my ALL. SET file to get the things that you want. Now all this seems a lot of work but remember this:
To save your stuff both in BKP mode and in an ALL.SET and subsequently loading my BKP file will take less than 10 minutes !!! Not a lot if you take into consideration that by doing so you have at your disposal over 100 hours of extra programming.......

Now what is replaced and what is not replaced ? As I already mentioned NOTHING has been removed from the factory default settings. ONLY things have been ADDED.
I have added styles even to the empty spots in the factory style banks, I have filled up virtually all User Style Banks. I have programmed and tweaked SOUNDS in SOUND MODE and filled up user sound banks 1 and 2. ( bank 3 courtesy to Dopamine). I have programmed Keyboard Sets in banks 1,2,3,4,5 and filled up banks 6,7,8 courtesy to Dopamine.

I HAVE THEN CREATED APPROX. 200 BRAND NEW TOTAL REGISTRATIONS WHICH HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE SONGLIST AND SETLIST JSS.
These total registrations are the main part of my efforts and are not song-related. They are,I hope, very strong and musical total registrations that will sound inspiring and put a smile on your face.

Once you have loaded by BKP file my advice is:
First go through all these 200 registrations , taking your time and find out what you like and what is not your cup of tea.
Then go to SOUNDMODE and sample the 256 Sounds in the user banks 1 and 2 ( all prefixed JS or JSS).
Then go to Keyboard Sets in STYLE PLAY MODE and sample all the keyboard sets in banks 1,2,3,4,5. ( all prefixed JS or JSS)

When you have finished doing all that which I presume you would do in a couple of days you can draw your own conclusions.
Are you going to like all of my stuff ? Definitely NOT.
Are you going to like less than 20% of it ? Count yourself unlucky and start wondering if you should make a donation.....
Will you like anything between 25 and 50% count yourself lucky and seriously consider a donation. Will you like more than 50%, praise the Lord and shower me with donations !!!!

regards,
John Smile Smile Smile
midimusa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello John!

Have You some audio demos to listen or some demo set, so I can hear that work before i will buy.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midimusa wrote:
Hello John!

Have You some audio demos to listen or some demo set, so I can hear that work before i will buy.

I have sent you a PM.

John
BillT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent a pm
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillT wrote:
I have sent a pm

Looking forward to your assessment of my new Resources.

best wishes,
John
midimusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I tried this set a little, to try that all it takes time. But the first things.
The instrument sounds not like with factory settings, but more fresher.
In the user area are lot of new, tweaked etc. sounds, styles, Pads (from PA80 days until todays). Allmost all based on PA1000 internal samples and multisamples. In user sample area i found two pianos - Yamaha C5 and Steinway (total 189 MB samples). There is a little demo, that I did just playing some styles from Songbook. Do not pay attention for playing quality - I just jamming with the styles and there are played Variations from 1 to 4 and STS from 1 to 4 like they are. I tried to play every sounds in many Velocities and using the wheel to show more the sound nuances. Balance knob was in centre.
I think that this resources are good starting point for PA1000 users who not wanna to build the instument from zero (factory settings).

You can listen one audiodemo here: https://soundcloud.com/midimusa/jss-songbook-demo1

The second, where i was using the Pads in addition, is here: https://soundcloud.com/midimusa/jss-songbook-demo2

Last edited by midimusa on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Robydur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, send please.and taste it
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User comment of a PA700 owner:

At the beginning of June, our music friend John reported on his special resources for the PA1000 in this thread and at the same time offered to download this software.

Since I have the PA700, I asked him if his extensions could also run on this keyboard. He agreed in principle and sent me the appropriate files.
I loaded the recources to the 700s and I have to say: Great and comprehensive work John has done. You might think you have gotten a new keyboard !. So here's 1000 thanks to you, John!
Lots of good stuff but a few down sides as well if you have the PA700
I noticedthat not all additional sounds, styles, etc. can be loaded 1: 1 in 700, because the structure of the PA1000 is slightly different..with my instrument, the data storage is not so extensive. That's why I've had to adapt and leave out a lot. This is of course auite a job; . But it does not have to happen all at once, especially since I have had my new 700 for only a few weeks

Conclusion: I think that I can load 50-60% of the new resources into the PA700 .This is amply sufficient yo me,......

I can highly recommend the software to all PA1000 players, with the restrictions mentioned to those who want to load these resources into their PA700

greeting,
Korg World
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: