Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos to Kross2 midi program change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karun75

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Kronos to Kross2 midi program change Reply with quote

Hello all
I'm new to this forum but I've been a Korg user for many years. I've recently found the need to use MIDI program change for live performance however this has been a huge challenge for me.
What I would like to do is control program and combi changes on a Korg Kross2 from a Kronos1.

Every attempt thus far has failed
I am using an empty Kronos Combi slot and I've set timbre15 to EX2. This is transmitting on MIDI channel 15.
The KROSS2 is receiving on MIDI channel 15 with all the MIDI filters in Global settings checked and the clock synced to external.
I cannot seem to find the MSB and LSB settings for the Kross but what I do find is that I can change the PRG and COMB from the Kronos and they seem to be synced to the Kronos Combi slot numbers for that bank.

I'm hoping to find a step by step guide but any help is welcome
Smile
miket2112

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using a computer based midi sequencer ( easier for me). I can select patches from Bank A on the Kross, but can't get the Kross to accept bank select messages. So, if I select a sound from bank B the kross brings up the corresponding sound of bank A.
karun75

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi miket2112...I managed to get this working. In the global section of the Kross parameter guide you will find the MSB and LSB settings.
MSB remains 00 and the LSB bank changes are as follows.
Bank A - 00
Bank B - 01....and so forth

The only problem I've encountered is that in combi mode, the global channel of the Kronos sends the drum and sample tracks on channels 15 and16 respectively. The work around this is to switch the status of these timbres to OFF in the selected combi.

Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: