Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa4x count in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpires

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: pa4x count in Reply with quote

Hello
How to set up count in on a user style, is it possible?
I never done and never pay attention to it because most of the time I play by my self, but lately I've been play with bass player so I need to count so we can sync together, I try to push the count button I hear Kik sound
I would like to have a rim shot or closed Hi hat.
thanks
JP
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: pa4x count in Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
.. How to set up count in on a user style .. I would like to have a rim shot or closed Hi hat ..

Use style-editor to change the element "Intro3/CountIn" and choose whatever druminstrument of any drumkit you prefer to be used for count-in of a style. This is nothing global but individual for each style.

A Style is made of a series of Style Elements (Intro, Variation, Fill, Ending…), each one corresponding to a section of a song. Also Intro3/CountIn is one of the Style Elements of one specific style, contains two chord-variations and can be used with all events in all style tracks.

In case CountIn is used like an intro with accompainment-voices it is suggested to record both chord-variations (as Major and minor Chord Variations).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
jpires

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: count in Reply with quote

Thank you very much Siebenhirter!
jpires

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: pa4x count in Reply with quote

Hi Siebenhirter
Where is Style editor? can you point me to the right page in the manual.oor give me steps how to do it, i really appreciate it
Like i say i never use it but i think for now on i will need since i am using a bass player. any body else please help.
Thanks in advance
JP
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: pa4x count in Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
Hi Siebenhirter
Where is Style editor?
JP

In order to edit a style you need to go to Style Record Mode.
When in Style Mode, press the Record button to get into Style Record Mode.

There are very good tutorials done by one of our forum member Sam that you can find here.
Or here.
jpires

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I didn't find any videos that BR say about Sam Ca.
Can someone shed some lights for me.
Thanks
JP
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
Hello
I didn't find any videos that BR say about Sam Ca.
Can someone shed some lights for me.
Thanks
JP

If you read attentively my previous post I mentioned how to reach Sam's tutorials.
you need to click on the words "here" and you will be redirected to Sam's videos.

Never mind, I post again the link here.
Click on Sam Tutorial word:
Sam Tutorials.
Anyway whatever editing you want to do with Styles you need to go to Style Record Mode.

Here is another video that shows how to access to Style Record Mode and doing style editing:
Style Record Mode
jpires

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BR for the link, i did read your previous , i know how to do some style editing
But what i am looking for is count in. As of right now when i press count in i hear one kik and
3 crashes. Do i have to record my own conut in or can i change what s there with rim shot
Or closed hi hat?

On Sam's turorials there is a bunch of videos but i couldn't find the one i need.
Thanks
JP
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you know how edit style, download this midi file:
http://performersheaven.net/htmsupport/ttt/CI-CV1.MID
Save on USB and plug this USB drive to your Korg, then go to record/edit, then menu, then Import, choose SMF, select this file (CI-CV1.mid), mark Initialize and to Element CI-CV1.
Then Execute.
Then Exit from this and go to Menu > Style Element Track Control.
Then hit play and try it, you can change chords, variations, fills or Intros, arranger will play almost same as in Style Play mode, if you like it new count In, just save it and enjoy, if needed adjustment you can go to main menu, select Count In Element and CV1 then menu and Even Edit.
I did notes C#2, which is in Midi standard for Rim shot, but you can change for anything you like it, BTW Closet Hat has note F#2.
Hope this will help you.
Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
jpires

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: count in Reply with quote

Hi Nemik
Thanks for the link and all explanations, I download it, now I have a question: will this affect any of my user styles that I already create?
I don't use much of the factory styles, for the type of music I play I have to create my own styles.
Thanks again
JP
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: count in Reply with quote

jpires wrote:
Hi Nemik
Thanks for the link and all explanations, I download it, now I have a question: will this affect any of my user styles that I already create?
I don't use much of the factory styles, for the type of music I play I have to create my own styles.
Thanks again
JP

no, is only for style you editing.
jpires

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: conut in Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the help.
I think I am going to create my own count in. I am just trying avoid go to every intro and add count in
What I was looking for is to change the pre programed count in which is 1 kik drums and 3 cymbal crash at least in my pa4x that's what I have for count in.
regards
Joe
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Element incl. Intro3 (count In ) is fully customize, means is not possible to do in all styles at once, you need it do one by one on all.
jpires

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: count in Reply with quote

Thanks Nemik for your input.
I know you can only edit one Styles at the time, my only question is:
How can I change on the user style?

Example: on one of the style that i create is only one Variation,
I can just go ahead add intro 3/count in, but I was wondering if I can change the intro that's there, even thou I didn't record it when I press intro I hear 1 kik and 3 crashes. again I am talking about user styles.
thanks
JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: