Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ER-1 ES-1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaspDeN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: ER-1 ES-1 Reply with quote

Hey All

I want to get an electribe to run my guitar into and play with the sounds
what electibe is best for this?

I am a complete beginner ...so all suggestions appreciated

thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used the latest Electribe Sampler so not sure about the others but you can run your guitar through this one, but you may need to run the guitar into a preamp or a DI box first. I run my guitar into a Vox Tonelab pedal then run the headphone out from the pedal into the audio in on the Electribe. It sounds great. I especially like the high pass delay, as this will add delay only to the upper frequencies of your guitar signal, so you can have a nice delay without the bottom end muddying up.

However, if you're only looking to get some FX on your guitar then you'd be better off buying a decent pedal board IMO, as those will be geared specifically for guitar. An electribe may be overkill if you don't plan on using the other features on it.
WaspDeN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ok ,
i am planning on developing it a bit further and attempting to make some tunes but wanted an easy start and since i know what i'm doing on the guitar i thought this might be a good route into it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need a preamp or guitar fx with hi-z (guitar)input with any of the electribes, I think.
Nothing to stop you combining said guitar fx into electribe inputs.
I have an er-1. It's a lovely electronic drum machine and with a guitar getting gated and/or ring modulated delayed through its inputs it would sound fantastic.
Many tracks could be knocked out like this with spacey psychedelic potential. Maybe add bass later.
You can make sound scapes with the er-1 and something through its inputs (like guitar).
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get one of the electribe samplers you could always record your guitar and import your recordings as samples before applying the FX etc. You could also chop up your recordings and rearrange them to develop new guitar lines or riffs. I do this all the time and get some interesting results that I would never have come up with on a guitar alone.
WaspDeN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks

so i'm considering the options at the moment. This may sound like a silly question but, can i use the electribe er-1 or es-1 without a computer ADW?

I do currently have FL but am in the process of getting a better spec computer and this might be a while before i can afford it and put it all together ?

another silly question for ya's

i can record audio input directly on the er-1 right (naturally, including the pre-amp for the guitar)??
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no, it has no ability to sample/record anything. You just run the sound THROUGH it like a pre-amp or pedal, then run the Electribe to your recording device
ChronLogic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: ER-1 ES-1 Reply with quote

WaspDeN wrote:
Hey All

I want to get an electribe to run my guitar into and play with the sounds
what electibe is best for this?

I am a complete beginner ...so all suggestions appreciated

thanks

Well You'll need a mixer as the electribes typically have an audio in, that is mainly so you can run it through a gate that will have it clip within time which would be like a tremlo set to the tempo. Good idea actually but run it through effects first. But it sounds like you need a mixer and run your guitar through a separate channel.

to learn more about this Korg Electribe series and how to use them, check out this new video series on this very subject that I have created:

[b]I've been working on a video series dedicated to recording and programing your own beats from scratch with the Korg ES-1 mk2 and the Korg EMX-1 as well. Subscribe to my channel for frequent how to videos of "out of the box" music production as well as my music and plenty of free and original samples. Take control of your music production destiny![/b]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM3_qbHVhZVJzqa42gPNlFbhwHGwgUW1d[/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: