Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monologue Wishlist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
809dao

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Monologue Wishlist Reply with quote

Hello everybody, especially the guys from Korg.
I'm a happy owner of the Monologue, and would like to open up a discussion board/wishlist for the Monologue.

What I would really like:

- A Flux mode (I really loved it on the monotribe and the volca keys, and it is very useful for creating groovy lines, which would imply more than 16 steps)
- a chain mode/32 step mode
- an update to the filter, which is quite steppy with the resonance cranked up.

Asides of this, really a great instrument. Thanks a lot Tats&Team!

Bogdan
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A minor tweak would make me very happy... when you are writing a program, the name of the destination slot should be displayed as well as its number.

Add my thanks and praise for the Monologue...

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
moho

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apapdop wrote:
A minor tweak would make me very happy... when you are writing a program, the name of the destination slot should be displayed as well as its number.

Just keep one slot free for writing to I use 100, once saved you can search for the slot you finally want to save it to and then go back to 100 and resave in the new slot.
Simple and you never have to worry about overwriting something you want to keep Very Happy

Or everytime you make a new program back it up to the librarian.
syrupcore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moho wrote:
apapdop wrote:

Just keep one slot free for writing to I use 100, once saved you can search for the slot you finally want to save it to and then go back to 100 and resave in the new slot.
Simple and you never have to worry about overwriting something you want to keep Very Happy

This is what I do but it's a definitely cumbersome.

Would also like to see a chain mode similar to the new electribes. They don't have a song mode, per se, but each pattern has a 'What should I do next?' param which defaults to loop but can be set to start another pattern. The monologue would have to fix the resetting of the Key Trig/Hold button for this to be useful though.
syrupcore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other wishlist items...

A setting to lock the Key Trg/Hold button across presets (say, if the sequencer is running when switching presets) and/or when a MIDI Start message comes in. I've had good luck using a BeatStep Pro and a very slow clock division to create 'songs' by transposing the monologue's sequencer but if you hit stop and start on the external clock source, this button resets.

Would be dreamy to use Shift+Step 1-16 buttons for quick access to settings that normally require menu diving. Something like:

Shift+Step buttons 1-4 - Clear Motion Seq
Shift+Step buttons 5-8 - Enable Motion Seq
Shift+Step button 9 - Step Length 'mode' toggle. After hitting it, hit any step to set it as the last step.
Shift+Step button 10 - Step resolution toggle
Shift+Step button 11 - LFO BPM Sync toggle
...etc...

For time based settings (like step length), it would be musically useful if they could be triggered when the step button is released so that you can time it. It's bordering on impossible to do this currently with the Edit Mode's knob version. You could then do stuff like half time a sequence relative to an external source and keep it on the beat.

Shift+LFO Rate = change rate in the manner opposite of whatever is set for LFO BPM Sync. So, if LFO Sync is off, Shift+LFO Rate changes the rate in musical divisions. If LFO Sync is ON, Shift+LFO Rate changes the LFO from 0-1023.

Shift+Tempo = set the sequence clock division (or set the swing amount)

Shift+REC = reset sequence, Shift+Rest = tuning. I constantly end up in tuning mode. Doesn't REC make more sense for "reset sequence"? I don't actually find a need to tune very often (though I know of others who do). I'd definitely rather see tuning relegated to an Edit menu command, freeing up SHIFT+Rest to do something more meaningful for real time playing (like clear motion, or toggle LFO sync or...)

Setting to quantize key triggers to closest 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 or 1/1 so that hitting a key a little late when transposing the sequence doesn't send it all out of whack.

Compare function to see if your tweaks are actually worth saving. Smile Shift+Write?

Most of these are really just nice-to-haves. Not having the ability to lock the Key Trg/Hold button can be a pretty big bummer in some situations though.
DMaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Panel Load function Reply with quote

I've noticed that Panel Load function only works correctly if Knob Mode is set to Jump. I understand the Knob Mode settings, but I think Panel Load should be independent of this.
mrhooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few features I would love to see, though I don't know if they're feasible:

1) Shift+Drive for a second effect (selfishly I was thinking phaser)

2) A menu option to select VCO 1, VCO 2, or Both, with regard to the LFO modulating Pitch or Shape

3) Arpeggiator:

-Shift+Play to start/stop (light blinks to indicate arp instead of sequencer)
-Buttons 1-6 to select arp type: Up, Down, Up+Down (Shift to invert), Up+Down with 1st/last note repeat (Shift to invert), Random, Assigned
-Buttons 8-10 to select 1-3 octave range
-Buttons 12-16 to select beat division: 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6 (or 1/8, or 1/5 or 1/7 if you're adventurous - maybe a menu option to select between them), with a Shift option for the latter 4 to select the reciprocal

I also would love a 4-pole filter option (accessed via menu), and a high pass filter (Shift+Cutoff), but I imagine they'd have to be done digitally or require more circuitry...?

I noticed the Panel Load thing as well. Very annoying.

Last edited by mrhooks on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
demonp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrhooks wrote:
A few features I would love to see, though I don't know if they're feasible:

1) Shift+Drive for a second effect (selfishly I was thinking phaser)

2) A menu option to select VCO 1, VCO 2, or Both, with regard to the LFO modulating Pitch or Shape

3) Arpeggiator:

-Shift+Play to start/stop (light blinks to indicate arp instead of sequencer)
-Buttons 1-6 to select arp type: Up, Down, Up+Down, Up+Down with 1st/last note repeat, Random, Assigned
-Buttons 8-10 to select 1-3 octave range
-Buttons 12-16 to select beat division: 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6 (or 1/8, or 1/5 or 1/7 if you're adventurous - maybe a menu option to select between them), with a Shift option for the latter 4 to select the reciprocal

I also would love a 4-pole filter option (accessed via menu), and a high pass filter (Shift+Cutoff), but I imagine they'd have to be done digitally or require more circuitry...?

I noticed the Panel Load thing as well. Very annoying.

Maybe you better need Prologue?
mrhooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonp wrote:

Maybe you better need Prologue?

The LFO routing options and 2nd effect might be atypical, but an arp is a pretty standard feature. It would be silly to jump from a $299 synth to a $1499/$1999 one for that. (The Minilogue is not a suitable alternative either - different filter sound, different sequencer, etc. Otherwise, I'd have one.)
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apapdop wrote:

+1
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

syrupcore wrote:
Other wishlist items...

A setting to lock the Key Trg/Hold button across presets (say, if the sequencer is running when switching presets) and/or when a MIDI Start message comes in. I've had good luck using a BeatStep Pro and a very slow clock division to create 'songs' by transposing the monologue's sequencer but if you hit stop and start on the external clock source, this button resets.

Would be dreamy to use Shift+Step 1-16 buttons for quick access to settings that normally require menu diving. Something like:

Shift+Step buttons 1-4 - Clear Motion Seq
Shift+Step buttons 5-8 - Enable Motion Seq
Shift+Step button 9 - Step Length 'mode' toggle. After hitting it, hit any step to set it as the last step.
Shift+Step button 10 - Step resolution toggle
Shift+Step button 11 - LFO BPM Sync toggle
...etc...

For time based settings (like step length), it would be musically useful if they could be triggered when the step button is released so that you can time it. It's bordering on impossible to do this currently with the Edit Mode's knob version. You could then do stuff like half time a sequence relative to an external source and keep it on the beat.

Shift+LFO Rate = change rate in the manner opposite of whatever is set for LFO BPM Sync. So, if LFO Sync is off, Shift+LFO Rate changes the rate in musical divisions. If LFO Sync is ON, Shift+LFO Rate changes the LFO from 0-1023.

Shift+Tempo = set the sequence clock division (or set the swing amount)

Shift+REC = reset sequence, Shift+Rest = tuning. I constantly end up in tuning mode. Doesn't REC make more sense for "reset sequence"? I don't actually find a need to tune very often (though I know of others who do). I'd definitely rather see tuning relegated to an Edit menu command, freeing up SHIFT+Rest to do something more meaningful for real time playing (like clear motion, or toggle LFO sync or...)

Setting to quantize key triggers to closest 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 or 1/1 so that hitting a key a little late when transposing the sequence doesn't send it all out of whack.

Compare function to see if your tweaks are actually worth saving. Smile Shift+Write?

Most of these are really just nice-to-haves. Not having the ability to lock the Key Trg/Hold button can be a pretty big bummer in some situations though.

Finally somebody that uses this machine a lot ... GREAT SUGGESTIONS !
I guess long time back I suggested to have motion to run on 12 steps while melody runs on 16 steps.

Also when I turn the unit on I want to be on the last preset I used before I turned the machine off.

Generally I think that Korg does not care much about this great cheap machine much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: