Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue sounds question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Prologue sounds question Reply with quote

I watched many YouTube demos and obviously 99% showcase synths, pads and everything else that this instrument is all about...however, I was wondering if it also covers fair amount of traditional instruments such as EPs, Clavs... etc...? Again I know this territory is not the main focus for this synth.

rgarner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do pretty good EPs, but I probably wouldn't use it in preference to, say, Logic's emulations. I managed to get a reasonable EP sound on the Minilogue with a couple of VCOs, and the Prologue has the hybrid engine on top of these, meaning you can get a good FM kick to your sound (just make sure to add a little velocity AMP EG to the patch for a bit of expressiveness).

The two or three clav patches I've found are snappy, playable, and they've worked as well or better than anything in, say, Omnisphere for the things I've used them for.

So on the whole while it's not the focus of the synth it can manage quite pleasing impersonations.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgarner wrote:
You can do pretty good EPs, but I probably wouldn't use it in preference to, say, Logic's emulations. I managed to get a reasonable EP sound on the Minilogue with a couple of VCOs, and the Prologue has the hybrid engine on top of these, meaning you can get a good FM kick to your sound (just make sure to add a little velocity AMP EG to the patch for a bit of expressiveness).

The two or three clav patches I've found are snappy, playable, and they've worked as well or better than anything in, say, Omnisphere for the things I've used them for.

So on the whole while it's not the focus of the synth it can manage quite pleasing impersonations.

Thanks a lot! That's the type of input/personal experience I'm looking for.

Grokaknock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I watched many YouTube demos and obviously 99% showcase synths, pads and everything else that this instrument is all about...however, I was wondering if it also covers fair amount of traditional instruments such as EPs, Clavs... etc...? Again I know this territory is not the main focus for this synth.

I managed to get a few EPs that work quite well. Still working on them tbh.
Organ sounds are quite easy to pull off with the User Multi-Engine. Stumbled upon a pretty convincing Sax/Oboe sound as well. Maybe if I have time later I'll post some Electro-Mechanical examples.
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That's what I thought. There are probably a few patches/presets here and there but the rest are pretty much synths/stabs/pads...etc. Great for EDM , progressive rock ...

Grokaknock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some electro-mechanical sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/robustamerican/robustamericanpatches-korgprlg-volume-ii-pt-ii#t=18:13

https://soundcloud.com/robustamerican/robustamericanpatches-vol-i-part-i#t=2:38

https://soundcloud.com/robustamerican/prologue-patches-two#t=3:52
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.

Last edited by Grokaknock on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get an iPad and Garageband and iSymphonic and and you have all those sounds and usb it into your Prologue. Job done
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grokaknock wrote:
Some electro-mechanical sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/rotundness/prologue-examples-ii-b#t=3:51

https://soundcloud.com/rotundness/prologue-examples-ii-a#t=5:27

https://soundcloud.com/rotundness/prologue-examples-ii-a#t=5:51

Thanks for the demos. I really like these sounds. I'll come back to these demos again later with a headphone for sure. Laptop speakers don't do justice...

Last edited by Sam CA on Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Get an iPad and Garageband and iSymphonic and and you have all those sounds and usb it into your Prologue. Job done

Thanks runningman. I do have some good apps such as these:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=115148

Not Garageband but I'll look into iSymphonic for sure. I've been using these apps lately more and more.

runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOS synths are very good and you need the bread and butter piano, strings, ep if you are a keyboardist but I think once you discover analogue tweakable poly hardware, you'll never get bored. I have the Kronos and Minilogue and I'll be getting a monologue.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, the price diff between the Prologue and the Prophet X is not much at all and the Prophet X do a really nice EP and has been designed with keyboardist in mind. Comes with some massive sample library from some company that DAW users seem to have huge respect for. Maybe worth a look at?
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Sam, the price diff between the Prologue and the Prophet X is not much at all and the Prophet X do a really nice EP and has been designed with keyboardist in mind. Comes with some massive sample library from some company that DAW users seem to have huge respect for. Maybe worth a look at?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm after. A 'keyboardist friendly' Synth that is not Kronos. I don't mind paying more so I definitely appreciate your tip. I'll look into it for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: