Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PPPr pattern to GE bass pattern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: PPPr pattern to GE bass pattern Reply with quote

Hi all,

Is it easy to make a particular bass line play in the karma module, I was thinking I could do a PPPr pattern and turn that into a drum track, select it from the Karma as a user, then assign a bass to it, but it isn't available, what am I doing wrong, or is there a better way, I am wanting to modify Kronos combies in to play a bit like the song I am playing.

Thanks
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: PPPr pattern to GE bass pattern Reply with quote

Scarecrow wrote:
Hi all,

Is it easy to make a particular bass line play in the karma module, I was thinking I could do a PPPr pattern and turn that into a drum track, select it from the Karma as a user, then assign a bass to it, but it isn't available, what am I doing wrong, or is there a better way, I am wanting to modify Kronos combies in to play a bit like the song I am playing.

Thanks

You can get Karma midi phrases into a drum track pattern or RPPR pattern but you cannot get midi patterns into any Karma GE. Not unless you have Karma software to do it.

You can make an RPPR pattern and turn it into a drum tack and then assign drum track to a timbre and then put any program you want on drum track timbre.

Drum track patterns can be bass lines or tune melodies/harmonies...Not just rythm patterns. So you can have drum track running bass lines if you want.

A lot better if you have Karma software. Maybe more complicated but definitely worth it. Of course that means you habe to have a compatibly built laptop for the software.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: PPPr pattern to GE bass pattern Reply with quote

Scarecrow wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

I think almost everyone would like this Karma feature on the K. The ability to 'roll your own ' GE's and select them in the Karma module, assign a program, etc.

Its not possible, unfortunately . Our ver of Karma is quite old precedes 2011.
No updates will ever happen.

I am curious if Motif owners with current vers of Karma, can create custom GE's
on their Motifs.
Scarecrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, sound like ill have to do the song in sequencer if I want the bass line.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarecrow wrote:
Thanks, sound like ill have to do the song in sequencer if I want the bass line.

I use the SEQ 100% of the time.

My approach is that bass and drums have to be in sync for a Song.

Once in every 10 songs(originals), I might find GE's, Karma bass part + Karma drums that have potential.

I mostly create my own bass parts in the SEQ.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: PPPr pattern to GE bass pattern Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

on their Motifs.

KARMA doesn't run native on the Motif board itself so users have to have the KARMA software. So yes, any Motif owner can create their own custom GE's.

As a perk for KARMA actually being inside the Kronos, we get to use a total of ten modules in combination with the software as opposed to the six module ceiling of the Motif.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: PPPr pattern to GE bass pattern Reply with quote

CharlesFerraro wrote:
GregC wrote:

on their Motifs.

KARMA doesn't run native on the Motif board itself so users have to have the KARMA software. So yes, any Motif owner can create their own custom GE's.

As a perk for KARMA actually being inside the Kronos, we get to use a total of ten modules in combination with the software as opposed to the six module ceiling of the Motif.

Good info, Charles, thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: