Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fly date logistics question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizona Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Fly date logistics question Reply with quote

I have a fly date in April my band is considering which raises my question. I have a Kronos X88 version 3.14 and don't want to entrust my K to the airlines for obvious reasons. I have unique combis, programs, setlists and samples that are critical for me to pull of the gig. Can I flash all that data to a USB and transfer that to a rental Kronos at the gig and have all that data load properly?

I'm hopeful that this is not a unique situation and that some of you may have dealt with this and can provide some guidance. Thank you!

Kronos X88 OS 3.04
Mainstage/Omnisphere/Keyscape/Korg VST/M- Audio/Keylab controllers
Kemper Stage
PRS/Charvel/Jackson/Gretsch/Gibson guitars
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have never done it myself, but I would specify that the hired in Kronos is at least the OS/firmware version that you work on.

If you do that it should work. I assume you are not using any custom libraries that are tied to the Kronos unique ID. That could be a problem unless the destination Kronos has the same libraries.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Overweight baggage
With the exception of assistive devices and musical instruments, baggage weighing more than 100 lbs. (45 kg) will not be accepted. Musical instruments up to 165 lbs. (75 kg) will be accepted.”

My regular airline has changed excess baggage policy. Last time i checked, Kronos 88 would not fly but now it seems they make extra exceptions for Musical instruments.
Kronos is under the overweight baggage limits and the case used will determine if it stays under the outer dimension limits.

I think i may be ready to get a heavy duty flight case so kronos can fly with me. Spending too much time away from kronos because i thought it would not fly.
I hope the added heavy duty flight case does not send it over the weight and exterior dimensions limits.
I shipped Triton Extreme 88 once on a heavy duty hard case and it arrived with the case banged up and bent in a certain area, but Triton Extrm 88 was not affected.
And then shipping it back from Asia to USA, it was all good to go after a long round trip as Cargo.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Fly date logistics question Reply with quote

Arizona Sage wrote:
I have a fly date in April my band is considering which raises my question. I have a Kronos X88 version 3.14 and don't want to entrust my K to the airlines for obvious reasons. I have unique combis, programs, setlists and samples that are critical for me to pull of the gig. Can I flash all that data to a USB and transfer that to a rental Kronos at the gig and have all that data load properly?

I'm hopeful that this is not a unique situation and that some of you may have dealt with this and can provide some guidance. Thank you!

Hello, about your idea of a USB transfer, there are two points to consider :
first, the sounds and drum maps have changed along the Kronos versions. So, if you are using some factory sounds, just know that they don't stand at the same place according to the Kronos version. So, if you rent a Kronos X, no problem. If not, you wil have to modify your sounds map.

The second point : if you are using some Korg sounds banks, with a serial number, you won't be able to use them on another Korg. Just because the serial num depends on each Kronos ID.

Except theses two points, I don't see any issue to transfer your Kronos datas in another unit via a USB stick or disk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: