Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request More Direct Styles Bank For Korg Pa4X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't go that far....

Factory styles are useful and i DO use them sometimes,even a motified version of them stored in place or via songbook entries.
They just don't work for all songs o play,and that is no one's blame.
They are nice and well ballanced but is impossible to work for every known song.
As you said they are just to get known with them,a starting point or something.
Sometimes factory styles work better than any backing track or midi.
That is always welcome cause it means less work for me to do,i really hate to spend 4-8hours or even days for a style of my taste,just for one song....but that is what makes the song special,and costumers happy,and i don't get bored while i play, either it's a songstyle full arranged and splitted in parts across variations,either is a simple style with the specific breaks/intros etc.

I do use some backing tracks and midi's,no more than 10-15 each and the reasons that i prefer styles are :
- Live sound straight out of Pa and not a compressed mp3
- non stop gig/jumping from one song to other with cue
- play/add more bars when need,more choruses or less verse/create medleys on the fly
- playing more solo's or less if need
-Don't have to worry if singers don't miss a bar or something....

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
- Live sound straight out of Pa and not a compressed mp3
- non stop gig/jumping from one song to other with cue
- play/add more bars when need,more choruses or less verse/create medleys on the fly
- playing more solo's or less if need
-Don't have to worry if singers don't miss a bar or something....

YES - the positives of an arranger keyboard Very Happy

You genuinely have a need for a massive instant library of styles so I now understand your request.
We all use these arrangers in different ways - my band mostly does not try to "copy" covers - very often we create different arrangements and "feels".
This gives us more of a unique edge even though we are covering other people's songs - so having dedicated "song-styles" is not so much a requirement.
We have found that the PA4X MIDI-to-STYLE converter has worked superbly for a few of our numbers where we want to be more like the "original".

Anyhow, I understand now why you would want more DIRECT links - perhaps the PA5X will solve it?????

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to create what works best for my live gigs,either it's an original or a live version of a song.

For Greek songs,the arrangement is based not only on original songs,but mostly on how all the best Greek bands play them in the clubs....and that means they can be far way better than originals versions.(More groovy,tuttis',everything useless out,etc )
I also try to create punch breaks and intro's ,so they can be used for smooth transition from one song to other,whatever bpm or genre the next song might be....

PA4X MIDI-to-STYLE converter sucks in my opinion.
Not even close for Pro use.
If you spend a liitle more time and do it through a Daw, and compare them,then i am sure you will never try to use the converter again.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: short Reply with quote

korg1
you got it right with singers miss a bar or cutting a bar short.
Confused
Hungnguyen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be great if Korg can have more track in the Record Mode..We still lack track when you record a complicated style.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Amount of style-tracks Reply with quote

Hungnguyen wrote:
It should be great if Korg can have more track in the Record Mode..We still lack track when you record a complicated style.

A trio or a trio with singer or a quintet for larger events such as balls (graduation balls, fireball balls, music ball, officer's ball, ...) mostly are standard settings of semi-professional musicians. If you want to imitate this cast as a solo entertainer with an arrangerkeyboardy, the eight tracks for the style player of an arranger keyboard seems to be more than enough!

It would be better to think about more flexible controls in real-time with access to various settings and functions of the Styleplayer instead of increasing the number of style tracks.

Using a modest number of tracks optimally and intuitively by direct access control seems to be better than automatically unwinding a confusing number of style tracks and elements.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG1

link to the site where the styles are sold !!! are not free !!!
The site administrator blocks other sites as well as links to sites. Why did he let ???
I recommended one such page for you and was blocked.

Or was there a change ???

Can there show pages that are shops ??? For payment ??? Not free ??

korg1 wrote:
karmathanever ,of course i use set lists,over 80 till now.
Of course i use the same styles in varius tempo's with different mix and /or different sounds.

There are thousands or million of songs though which have a specific arrangment, breaks,intrument phrases etc.....that's why my need for creating a style per song is . Of course this happens for complex songs or specific ones.... You have to hear the difference between using a general genre factory style and a specific style for each song.

If you play at a piano bar or lobby,or a fully programed gig of 40 songs,then all you need is less than the 1/3 of the factory styles,not even those....

But if you play everyday with different bands,different singers,in different or mixed languages,which means some more thousands of songs, and most of the times you just don't know which songs they will ask,or if you play quite many genres depending the gig ,then you will see that factory or user or dir set is just not enough.

Greek music has over 50-70 common genres,each one has countless variations.
Make the math and you will see that you need at least x5 times the factory banks for that.

So it doesn't have anything to do with style organizing....as i said my set is organized quite well, by sex,by genre,by bpm ,so that i can work with it on the fly even without songbook,which i ALWAYS use with setlists.

Siebenhirter ,using only some factory styles ,and filling the empty ones ,is a problem due to future Os updates,but i do it anyway,trying to avoid erasing factory ones....

For me,after working so many years with bands of 17-20persons ,it's always hard to work and play the same boring styles just because they match a bit the 90% of discography,or use the same breaks all over....that's not what i like, that's why i want each style to be unique,with specific intros and breaks and endings,specific mix and color......

Just think that all world's music uses drums,bass,guitar,keys etc....Imagine listening on the radio every song you know,using with the same drumkit sound ,the same guitar sound,the same bass,the same breaks and tuttis,the same intro's and endings.....not nice,don't you think? -Though i prefer in live gigs all instruments to be as close as possible so it sounds like a real band,but playng the same intro's,the same patterns,the same breaks and fills,the same endings is not something that i call professional or even nice to hear at all night......

Some others just don't mind,they just want to hear a beat,whatever beat somewhere at the background while they play ,it doesn't matter for them which one as long as it is 4/4.That's fine with me......i am not just that kind of performer

I wouldn't mind demonstrating you why i use so many styles,and not the same all over again ,but that would take up to 4hours just for the intro's to listen,plus you wouldn't believe your ears that this comes from a pa keyboard ,even the older models...

Greetings.....
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STYLE DIRECT bank:
1. Style editing is fine. for SAVE ALL or STYLE bank is not included in the list. After changing DIRECT directory and loading again - those DIRECT modified styles are re-original !!!! Changes have not been uploaded or uploaded !!!!
How can modified styles in DIRECT banke back up ??? Save for future use after changing DIRECT directory ????
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIRECT set is never included in MEDIA>>save (Save All)
You can edit DIRECT styles and write the changes successfully.
Those changes are permanent and will be there when you select those styles again.

The only way to "backup" your DIRECT set is to "copy" it in MEDIA mode.

Also bear in mind that when you first link to a DIRECT SET, the PA4X may perform a conversion and create a "converted SET" - it doesn't destroy your original and it adds the word "converted" to the SET name - that becomes the DIRECT SET.
So double check the exact SETname that you have linked as DIRECT.

If you edited DIRECT styles and performed a "Write Style", those changes will definitely remain.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: