Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer FCB1010 with Korg Kronos 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nan Kin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Behringer FCB1010 with Korg Kronos 88 Reply with quote

Came across Behringer FCB1010 and wanted to know about how well it works with Korg
How I am Loking forward to use the Controller with Kronos
1.Use switches to control sustain/sostenuto/soft values for pianos.
2.Use switches to
a-mute/solo different layers
b-switch between different voices
c-Play pre assigned chords/pads
d-to trigger specific parts such as a Kick Drum or a Sampled Vox
e-Navigate Setlist
3.Use the Exp pedal to control volume ,expression or the Vector Controller

Guys can you tell me if these functionalities are possible while using the behringer controller with kronos?
Is there a simpler way of doing these stuff?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nano pad does c) easily
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can program everything using the editor that comes with the pedals...

Its just a matter of setting up the right midi messages.

I think every keyboardists wants pedals like this (using the Yamaha MFC 10 myself) it really gives so much more freedom for playing music with your hands...
Nan Kin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
the nano pad does c) easily

I would have preferred the nanopad but I am looking for a foot controller.
edtherugmaninov

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Behringer FCB1010 with Korg Kronos 88 Reply with quote

Nan Kin wrote:
Came across Behringer FCB1010 and wanted to know about how well it works with Korg
How I am Loking forward to use the Controller with Kronos
1.Use switches to control sustain/sostenuto/soft values for pianos.
2.Use switches to
a-mute/solo different layers
b-switch between different voices
c-Play pre assigned chords/pads
d-to trigger specific parts such as a Kick Drum or a Sampled Vox
e-Navigate Setlist
3.Use the Exp pedal to control volume ,expression or the Vector Controller

Guys can you tell me if these functionalities are possible while using the behringer controller with kronos?
Is there a simpler way of doing these stuff?

Hey Nan!

I have the Behringer FCB1010 and a kronos2.
I got the UNO firmware chip replacement to give me some extra features. I too wanted a pedal control surface that could do it all. Unfortunately I found that when using the switches as on/off controllers (for example sustain/sostenuto/soft) only one pedal could function as transmitting a continuous 'on' at a time. If I held down the programmed pedal for soft for example, it couldn't send any other control value whilst this was being held down. Sort of a monophonic pedal operation if that makes sense. This makes it less than useful for your point 1. But perfectly ok for patch change pedals/ program up and down. There is a way of using the two effects jack pedals from the back of the behringer as pedal connections too with some jack leads into the keyboard (used normally for guitar effect triggering) but i found that these would only latch on. So I have ended up with the FCB plus a few other pedals for the time being.

I found the small size of the toe studs was also a bit uncomfortable for reliable foot sos/sus/una work. Also the expression pedals work with optical sensors in them with very little resistance.... much closer to a guitar fx pedal/ wah pedal which needs to be light. I suppose it depends what you want to use it for but for fine volume control of strings/pads etc, I found expression control a bit hit and miss (even as a classical organist used to the varying sensistivity expression pedals). I find a good chucky expression connected to the pedal smoother and easier to use/judge.

As far as i am aware you can set up the foot switches to work as program changes, midi notes and control changes only. I never found a way to set them up to transmit SYSEX which would have been useful for some of the things you mention. Notes have their own global channel selection that can be programmed for the whole board. so for example, you could set a few of the pedals to always send notes on say channel 5 and all of the other commands to be sent on other channels. These could trigger samples if the zones are programmed on the kronos combi accordingly.

I'll try to dig the pedalboard out and have a think about it in the meantime as i have a few gigs coming up soon that will need some major programming! Let me know if there is anything you would like me to try to programme and i'll report back. Smile hope this helps.

Anyone else using the behringer or yamaha? (or the roland)

Ed
edtherugmaninov

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@bachus Smile How do you use your Yamaha pedalboard with the kronos? do you find the expression pedals work well for you?
Daddyg3042

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping to revive this old thread. Just picked up a FCB1010 used and cheap and wanted it to do what the OP was hoping for. Got the standards programmed, i.e. Volume/expression, damper, Leslie, PC. What I still haven't figured out is how to use to mute, either for 1 timbre, or to mute "groups". What I wouldn't give to have Kurzweil's "MuteZN" commands in the Kronos. To be able to mute multiple timbres, and unmute others with one pedal (or two, especially with the FCB) is something I've been sorely missing since getting the Kronos. Either Karma just doesn't seem to do the same thing, or I'm not setting it up correctly.

If anyone can get me on the right track...it'd be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: