Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: Musikant styles for the Pa4x Here Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Question about the Musikant Version of the Pa4x Reply with quote

Do I understand this correctly the Musikant version of the pa4x has unique samples, sounds, and samples unique to the European market which are different from the U.S. Version of the same keyboard?

What are the main differences?
konio124

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa4X MUSIKANT It has more sounds and styles.

MUSIKANT 2170 sounds and 570 styles.
INTERNATIONAL 1800 sounds and 500 style.

johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I am not familiar yet with the exact contents of the Musikant version of the PA4X but with the knowledge that I gained from former PA models that were also issued as a Musikant I guess you can summarize the differences as follows:
The factory styles have been adjusted and increased in number to fit the German music market and interest in German (folk) music.
The same applies to pads, sounds etc. with the notable difference that the Rom memory of the Musikant is 0.2Mb larger, in other words containing a number of instrument samples NOT present on the international version. I once owned a PA500musikant and recall that the extra samples concentrated heavily on organs, brass and accordeons. Which all fit the bill for German Schlagers and other German orientated (pop) music.

The styles of the Musikant can easily be copied ( I would think) to the International version but of course you would miss out on certain sounds in the accompaniment section of the style for the simple reason that that particular sample is not residing in your PA4X. You can adjust and trim those to your liking with existing sounds and samples though.

All this of course comes at a ( relatively) small price, that is 200 euros on top on the international PA4X. Whether it is worth the investment and wether a person willl miss those added samples is a matter of personal taste but imho most folks might perhaps like a few of those extra samples but I would not hold my breath........

regards
John Smies
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really good to know. I figured they added custom samples. In the demo show I saw on Youtube, those customized styles and those sounds sounded terrific. I'll have to wait until my Pa4x is delivered before I judge the differences.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konio124 wrote:
Pa4X MUSIKANT It has more sounds and styles.

MUSIKANT 2170 sounds and 570 styles.
INTERNATIONAL 1800 sounds and 500 style.

So from this i understand that a normal international pa4x can be musikant..
I believe the developers didnt even tried to encrypt the extra (or should i say localized) streamed resources as i think the system is too slow to do realtime decryption and realtime streaming..
Thanks for the info!!
midking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
oliv73

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

"When we load Musikant styles into international PA4x some sounds are missing" :
How do you know that some sounds are missing from the arranger tracks ? Is there a special icon ?
Is there a way to know the name of this sound in the original style ?

Sorry for my stupid questions but I still do not own a PA4X and try to get a lot of informations about it ...

Oliver
Snoopy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oliver,

sometimes you won´t even recognise that a sound is missing, because a ( wrong Wink ) sound is playing.

The sounds and the styles are often located in completely different places ( in INT in other banks / places than in MUSIKANT ).

That´s a problem, if MUS users use the Songbook editor, there are only the styles of the INT displayed...

Some styles of the INT are NOT in the MUS ( but you can download them, nevertheless the different soundnumbers can sound "funny" )!

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
oliv73

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snoopy

It looks like complicated to transform PA4X INT to PA4X MUSIKANT !
From what you wrote I understand that musikant styles and sounds are not additionnal elements (there are not maps in another midi bank for instance?)

So sounds are not missing in arranger parts but they are assigned wrong.

And on the other way. All styles in korg ressources available to download. They are designed to fit in PA4x INT.
So what is going on if we load all these "bonus" styles into Musikant ?

Oliver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: