Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IWavestation Poly Bugs Map Export iPad iPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samriccijr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: IWavestation Poly Bugs Map Export iPad iPhone Reply with quote

Hi all please help... I am trying to make a custom bank of piano, ep, clav, pad, brass, organ and lead that I can use with my iPhone at rehearsals and gigs. I use BS16i with samples of my piano and synths but it lacks the ability to control layers.

I made about twenty IWavestation performances using version 1.0.5 on my original IPad mini and iOS 9.3.5. 32 voice polyphony is an issue on an iOS synth: I thinned out many Two vector patches to one vector, and I layered 2 eps and added filter control to a brass or string layer. I used Midi Flow to remap my controllers and program changes. That works fine.

For some reason cc6 maps to the volume of Part 1...but I have MIDI 1 assigned to cc74 and MIDI 2 assigned to cc18.

When I save a performance on the iPad, it corrupts the name of the next preset... I save user 1 12 Analog Love, It scrambles the name in user1 13 Ski Jam. The workaround is to resave u13, then u14, etc. until I get to an unused performance. It saves fine on my iPhone 6 iOS 11.

For some reason my saved exported iws bank does not auto load on restart. I exported the bank then saved it to my Mac in iTunes, deleted and re-downloaded the app, then added the bank thru iTunes. (Import export to iCloud would be super helpful, especially after a catastrophe).

Now iWS always opens with empty user banks. The workaround is to import the user banks every time.. The same bank does not auto load on my iPhone now either.

Am I missing something or are these just annoying bugs?

The cc control of iWS is nice but the polyphony compromise and bugs take away from the ease of use. Bs16i has the "It just works" zen that gets me 95 percent there even with its limited cc control.

Help and tips please, thank you! I want to use this app on my next gig.

Sam in NJ USA
samriccijr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Korg! This was fixed! Now my user iWavestation bank loads on startup! Sam!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: