Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firmware 1.2 and Librarian out now!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Firmware 1.2 and Librarian out now! Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/au/news/2018/071103/
rgarner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is exciting. Thanks.

A note for those updating; there are three stages to the update, as per the instructions: main; panel; voice

I thought I'd done all three but then none of the user oscillators would work and Shift/Exit tuning took forever (in fact many times it wouldn't come back). It turns out I'd not done the Voice part of the update (I'd actually hit the wrong key and done Panel twice), so if you're seeing problems like that, you can save yourself the factory reset I had to do...
number6uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got caught out the same way, didn't realise there was a panel and voice firmware part. Anyway my fault for not reading all the way down to the bottom of the PDF. After owning Korg gear for so long you jus think you know what you are doing with a firmware update.... well obviously not! Shocked

So now more educated that I was at the start of the evening I am fully updated and very pleased with the librarian. Laughing

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what versions does the Prologue report after the update? (Power up with button 8 held down)

I'm getting...

System: 1.20
Panel: 1.03
Voice: 1.03

Is this what you guys have after the update?

Thanks!
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
rgarner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's it Grok.

When I forgot to do my voice I got

Voice: 1.01 –

EDIT: I had the same problem as I think you reported over on GS – this was before I'd done the voice update but *after* I'd done a factory reset (I saved my patches with the Librarian first). So a factory reset *may* help here. I had also been buggering about putting the test oscillator from the SDK in too...

Other symptoms included seeing "----` in the multi-editor panel and being able to change to user/WAVES but still hearing VPN sounds.

Anyway, post-reset/voice update in that order the problems went away. Hope this helps.
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgarner wrote:
Yep, that's it Grok.

When I forgot to do my voice I got

Voice: 1.01 –

EDIT: I had the same problem as I think you reported over on GS – this was before I'd done the voice update but *after* I'd done a factory reset (I saved my patches with the Librarian first). So a factory reset *may* help here. I had also been buggering about putting the test oscillator from the SDK in too...

Other symptoms included seeing "----` in the multi-editor panel and being able to change to user/WAVES but still hearing VPN sounds.

Anyway, post-reset/voice update in that order the problems went away. Hope this helps.

Thanks! That is one thing I can check off the list. Another question if I might...Have you made and saved any sounds that use the user osc waves? I did and they are not loading correctly. All the menu parameters for the waves osc are reset to default. So if you have any sounds using the waves osc that were made before the update could you check them and look at the menu parameters for the waves osc? Do they sound like they should?

Thanks again.
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

rgarner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made precisely one; it wasn't loading properly before the voice update made the problems go away, and now it is.

I remembered some more of what I did, I think this is the order in which I was messing about

- apply update
- apply panel update
- apply panel update a second time thinking I've hit button 5 instead of 6
- Drag a test oscillator into the librarian to upload
- notice that Waves wasn't working, wonder if I've caused it by putting second osc on
- notice posts saying that Waves needed to be restored either through librarian or factory reset
- drag a waves.prlgunit from the SDK to the Librarian
- note that this didn't fix anything
- *** also note that the one patch I'd made that used waves wasn't working either
- Back up sounds and do factory reset (which restored Waves to slot one and removed the test osc)
- notice that nothing was working still (including patch)
- notice that my Voice hadn't updated
- update voice
- notice everything working as normal
number6uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied the 1.20 update from the downloaded software over USB.
Then did the panel update, then the voice update.
Installed the librarian software, then used this to drag the Waves oscillator back into the user OSC area and uploaded it to the Prologue.
Powered it all off and on again and everything is working as is should and the tuning once up and running is working as before.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
rgarner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok, expect you'll have seen on GS, but to confirm: my one WAVES patch had lost all its parameter settings as you've already heard from others (and had confirmed by Korg).
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've also got a work around from Korg. I'm rotundness over there btw. Really need to quit joining forums with different user names. Here's the work around just in case people don't check GS.

Quote:
It is however possible to recover the same sound using this manual work around:

1. Using a system version < 1.20, select the Waves program to migrate.
2. Select the multi-engine edit parameter page
3. Note down the value of each of the 6 parameters.
4. Upgrade to 1.20, and select the same program.
5. Select the multi-engine edit parameter page, and set each parameter to the values you noted down.
6. Write the program.

Please let us know how you make out.

Best regards,

Product Support
Korg USA, Inc.

I went ahead and did this work around with success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: