Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annoying aspect of the Out 1 + 2......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Annoying aspect of the Out 1 + 2...... Reply with quote

So it seems that I can set the bass to go out either 1 or 2, BUT the MIC is hardwired for 1 AND 2!! Damn.

I seem to recollect on the PA1 you could send the Mic to either as well.

I need to split them now as I am running left hand bass via an external bass amp and the vocal out to a desk for better control of vocal/music mix at a gig.

Hahaha, stymied again by Korg! Don't know who comes up with these designs, but they must not play live too much. Why you cannot separate the vocal to left or right (it IS a mono signal after all) is beyond me!

No point putting it in a wishlist it would never be changed anyway.

It's a great board, but more and more I am finding these little "gotchas" when trying to be flexible. IE have it so that not everything goes out L/R.

Anyhoo, rant over hahaha!
paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Annoying aspect of the Out 1 + 2...... Reply with quote

miden wrote:
So it seems that I can set the bass to go out either 1 or 2, BUT the MIC is hardwired for 1 AND 2!! Damn.

this is a big drawback.

I run my vocals direct to a mixer through TC helicon perform VK.

use a midi cable to get signals for harmony harmony from pa4x.

paul
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, yeah me too (as in, vocals out to a mixer) but it still goes out to the bass amp Sad only way it doesn't is if I have it set to L/R, but then it goes to the same channels on the mixer as the style parts and drums again a big Sad

If you could at least be able to pan the vocal it might might it do-able?? But you cannot even do that.
Stilli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
Thanks Paul, yeah me too (as in, vocals out to a mixer) but it still goes out to the bass amp Sad only way it doesn't is if I have it set to L/R, but then it goes to the same channels on the mixer as the style parts and drums again a big Sad

If you could at least be able to pan the vocal it might might it do-able?? But you cannot even do that.

Hi Miden,
I believe what Paul is saying is to not run the mic through the PA4X at all, he is using an external TC-Helicon effects unit and the only connection to the keyboard is to provide harmony information to the effects unit.
If more control of your vocals is what you want then this is the best way to go, connect your mic to the mixer and use your own choice of effects. You are not then compromised by the limitations of the Keyboard.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli wrote:
miden wrote:

Hi Miden,
I believe what Paul is saying is to not run the mic through the PA4X at all, he is using an external TC-Helicon effects unit and the only connection to the keyboard is to provide harmony information to the effects unit.
If more control of your vocals is what you want then this is the best way to go, connect your mic to the mixer and use your own choice of effects. You are not then compromised by the limitations of the Keyboard.

You are absolutely correct STILLI. (though I would have loved everything to be done via the PA4X. this problem has been since the PA80 days.

My PERFORM VK is always hidden in my "audio box" and as a solo artist, people are baffled as to how do I produce such HARMONY vocal at any time I want and how much. to attain this , I have also added a volume pedal and can control as to how much harmony I need Smile

cheers

Paul
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli wrote:
miden wrote:

Hi Miden,

haha, yes of course. My bad I read his reply the wrong way.

I can do this too (and still using the Vocal Processor) by running the the mic direct to the mixer and the using the Vocal Processor as an external "insert" effect on that channel.

I'd rather not have to spend a lot of money on yet another piece of outboard gear. Sort of makes the idea of an all in one board moot really!

If I wanted to do this I'd go back to running a controller board using VST instruments and drum machines.

Anyhoo, it is what it is I guess. It is still annoying though haha!
paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote
I'd rather not have to spend a lot of money on yet another piece of outboard gear. Sort of makes the idea of an all in one board moot really!

[/quote]

Hey MIDEN.....that's true. ...But had no choice. Sad . I hope some KORG engineers will change that in the "New" next keyboard.

I would have loved it if the vocals separated, bass, Drums and acc could be all separated in the same keyboard.

Meanwhile , my set up creates such a mystery even to some of my fellow musicians. Cool

Paul
paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote

[/quote]

Hey MIDEN.....that's true. ...But had no choice. Sad . I hope some KORG engineers will change that in the "New" next keyboard.

I would have loved it if the vocals separated, bass, Drums and acc could be all separated in the same keyboard.

Meanwhile , my set up creates such a mystery even to some of my fellow musicians. Cool

Paul
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:

..........I would have loved it if the vocals separated, bass, Drums and acc could be all separated in the same keyboard.......

Paul

haha we can already do that with MIDI (apart from vocals), you just need a s@#t-load of external modules Very Happy
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this arrangement might help you but this is how I route things on my Pa4x.

My own setup when using the VH is to use a mic splitter and the mic is plugged into the splitter and send back into the Pa4x and then direct into my desk. This allows quick independent control of both the stereo VH routed to the aux outs and also the discreet mic channel and all of which can have their own outboard effects and EQ.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting I might have a play with that...
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add that you will need to mute the mic in global mic settings for this to work
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
Forgot to add that you will need to mute the mic in global mic settings for this to work

Haha, thanks - yeah I'd already assumed that Smile
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
Not sure if this arrangement might help you but this is how I route things on my Pa4x.

My own setup when using the VH is to use a mic splitter and the mic is plugged into the splitter and send back into the Pa4x and then direct into my desk. This allows quick independent control of both the stereo VH routed to the aux outs and also the discreet mic channel and all of which can have their own outboard effects and EQ.

Sweet! Tried this out and it works exactly as I need it. I can get separate vocal to the desk and run the bass out 1.

Very nice, thanks for sharing this setup. I would NEVER have thought to use a splitter!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: