Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X Not Turning on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gflow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: PA3X Not Turning on Reply with quote

Hey everybody. I seem to be having an issue with my keyboard and wanted to know if anybody on here could help me.

I had a gig a few nights ago and everything seemed ok.

Today when I took my keyboard out of the case and plugged it in to turn it on, the standby light turned red and then quickly shut off. I tried different outlets and different power cords but it seems that the pa3x just isn't turning on at all.
No standby light, black screen...nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the fuse???

Just a thought.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Gflow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Check the fuse???

Just a thought.

The fuse of the keyboard or my wall outlets ?

If you're talking about the keyboard, where is it located ?

If it's the wall outlets, I tested it with another electronic and it seemed fine.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: PA3X Not Turning on Reply with quote

Gflow wrote:
Today when I took my keyboard out of the case and plugged it in to turn it on, the standby light turned red and then quickly shut off. I tried different outlets and different power cords but it seems that the pa3x just isn't turning on at all.

If all outlets and cables are tested then this seems to be a hardware issue and service center is required !
When St-By led is completely blank while rear power switch is ON , then either PSU (internal switching mode power supply)
is damaged nor charger module is malfunctioning because of damaged batteries !
Fuses are on board circuit of PSU and when burned then it's damaged !!!
The only DIY test is to completely disconnect batteries (bottom cover) and try again , then you have to visit service center !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Gflow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: PA3X Not Turning on Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Gflow wrote:

If all outlets and cables are tested then this seems to be a hardware issue and service center is required !
When St-By led is completely blank while rear power switch is ON , then either PSU (internal switching mode power supply)
is damaged nor charger module is malfunctioning because of damaged batteries !
Fuses are on board circuit of PSU and when burned then it's damaged !!!
The only DIY test is to completely disconnect batteries (bottom cover) and try again , then you have to visit service center !

Hope this helps

Thank you for the help. I'll try disconnecting the batteries and reconnecting th and see if it does anything. I appreciate it!
Gflow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is from years ago.

The problem in my original post ended up being a blown fuse inside of the keyboard.
The cost of the fuse was only $5 (CAD) but the repairman charged me approximately $100 because of the 1 hour of labor involved for him to literally open the keyboard and just replace a little fuse.

I wanted to know if any of you have switched the fuse before inside of your pa3x and if so, provide instructions on doing so (and where it is located).

Since I have owned the pa3x, this issue has occurred 2 times. In case it were to ever happen again, I wanted to fix it myself rather than taking it somewhere and have them overcharge me.

Thanks!
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, I've never had this happen. But I'm sure interested to see replies on this.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the keyboard is opened up you can easily repair things like replacing the button battery or defective velocity sensors and probably the fuse as well.
The trick is knowing which screws to remove. On the 61 key version:
On Rear: 3 bottom-most screws of the top black section.
Underneath: 8 black screws but not those holding the hatches.
On sides: 2 end silver allen screws (not the middle one) and 2 bottom black screws (leave the side black screw near the rear - this is the hinge screw).
Gflow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Once the keyboard is opened up you can easily repair things like replacing the button battery or defective velocity sensors and probably the fuse as well.
The trick is knowing which screws to remove. On the 61 key version:
On Rear: 3 bottom-most screws of the top black section.
Underneath: 8 black screws but not those holding the hatches.
On sides: 2 end silver allen screws (not the middle one) and 2 bottom black screws (leave the side black screw near the rear - this is the hinge screw).

Yes, I have opened up the keyboard once before. I just don't recall seeing where the fuses were. I wanted to see if anybody on this forum has opened up their pa3x and replaced the fuse OR know where the fuse is located inside the keyboard.

Last edited by Gflow on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gflow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Thankfully, I've never had this happen. But I'm sure interested to see replies on this.

Yeah, definitely not the best thing to happen during sound check 1 hour before the show is supposed to begin!
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuse is on the PSU board .I don't remember if it is soldered on it or not but it costs way less than 5$..
Most of the times thought if the fuse on a SMPS blows ,something gone bad with the switching circuit and replacing the fuse will result in another blown fuse...
Glad this was not the case on yours!
Well the psu of pa3x is not made by korg so you can find it and replace it..It is cheap enough as far as i remember...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: