Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome-61 making distortion sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Krome-61 making distortion sounds Reply with quote

I have changed the sd card using the downloadable krome image file and it is still making horrible distortion sounds when I play. Some sounds sound ok though, like the piano sounds, but most of them are distorted. Also, the drum track mode is distorted bad...It really sounds like a metallic distortion sound. Organ sounds are great, btw. Any ideas on a fix for this issue? Please help. Thanks alot Rolling Eyes

Last edited by jap on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check that the audio lead contacts are clean.

jap

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Krome-61 making distortion sounds Reply with quote

Hello Sir, thanks for the advice. I did try that and switched the plug from R to L and it still does it. I also unplugged the audio and used my headphones...still does it through the headphones? Thanks
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use better and faster uhs sd card?
Disconnect the usb cable from the pc/latop?
openroad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Krome-61 making distortion sounds Reply with quote

Has any Krome owner not had this problem? Was it just a certain range of serial numbers?

Me too #25910 and I discovered this issue long in discussion. My pattern is one blast of distortion mostly within the first 15 minutes of playing, and most times of use but not every time.

I bought the SD card to do it myself and couldn't find the proper file so contacted my local Korg Authorized repair shop to chat about it.

He said Korg will authorize this replacement SD card no matter how old or how out of warranty any Krome is and strongly warned me to not do it myself having more to do with the card and content than just a warning to the inexperienced at removing the back of a synth.

Over a month ago when he ordered, he said the replacement SD cards from Japan are on backorder sort of implying a very long time until he expected to receive it.
jap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Krome-61 making distortion sounds Reply with quote

I actually changed the SD card and it did not help. I took it to the repair shop who found that thew Main PCB is bad!? (he confirmed it with a korg tech) Now it will cost 1/2 the price of the Keyboard itself to repair. smh. You would think a quality keyboard maker like Korg would use better materials. This keyboard stayed in my house and was barely used and now this! I could Almost understand if I was taking it out banging it around and playing it 5 days a week. Not impressed. JP
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the internal diagnostics give any error ?
If so which is the error it gives?
If you don't know how to get in the diagnostics it is the same way as all korg triton series.
jap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Krome-61 making distortion sounds Reply with quote

Hi musiccankill, I do not know how to do that and it is already out for repair. Maybe next time. Besides the Tech said the PCB board is bad. Thank you
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i see,
I think the old pcb can be repaired..Be sure to get the old pcb back..
I am interested to buy it at some price just to see if i can fix it if you don't need it!
bradkorg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have high hopes in korg repair. Read through the thread http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89650&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195
---
Instead of repairing, you should get rid of the krome.
The main disaster design is the use of microSD flash memory and its socket controller chip instead of reliable baked rom chip.
First they use crappy fake class10 sanmax sd that can't read fast enough for the big piano samples, resulting ticking/plopping/cutting-off/static noise.
But main point depends on the quality of the sd card good quality= longer lifetime, but sooner or later the data will be slower/corrupt/lost/disintergrated and sd card simply dies within xx months.

So regular maintenance is necessary to replace the microSD every xx months.
liquidlen58

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem. Returned the board to Korg UK, they provided me with a new board. Can't complain about their service.
jap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Krome-61 making distortion sounds Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. The Keyboard is back from repair and is sounding perfect at this time. The Main board was the issue. Hopefully it will last a long time? Regards
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Pleased to hear it got fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: