Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa 1000 to Tablet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: pa 1000 to Tablet Reply with quote

Help please. I connected PA 1000 to Samsung galaxy 10.1 by usb connecter, but it does not seem able to find a driver to make them see each other.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all Android Tablets support the communication needed, and even if the Tablet does it has to have the right kind of USB cable connection.

You will need to contact Samsung to ask if your Tablet supports .... On The Go ..... connections.

If in the very unlikely even that it does you will need an On The Go USB cable for it to work.

When you find out that your Samsung is U/S go buy an iPad and a genuine Apple Camera Adaptor kit, that system will work.
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Biggles, thanks for your reply, will ask Samsung. I did OTG with a old tablet but not to my keyboard.
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell me the host connecter type for the pa 1000. I don't know what it is called.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my PA700 the USB connector in the keyboard is a Type B.

I just use a standard USB Type A to Type B cable to connect up my keyboard
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks biggles, I will get one
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, have got OTG and it works fine on its own in tablet, but when connected to square end B it does not recognise PA 1000. Will keep looking.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: pa 1000 to Tablet Reply with quote

bellowsboy wrote:
.. connected PA 1000 to Samsung galaxy 10.1 by usb ..r.

Once the connection between Android tablet and Pa1000 works, what applications will you intend to run on the tablet?

It may be that I am wrong, but I think for Androids there are almost no Midi apps that I would imagine to be useful with an Arranger keyboard.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi siebenhirter, to let you see where I am coming from. First , I am a home player and new to Korg from Yamaha T4. I wont know what direction until I see how things pan out and that hardware connections work. Korg say android 7 & 8 and my tablet is android 7. I am still hoping for a reply from Korg.
I appreciate your response and I am eager to learn. On top of this I think PA 1000 has a great sound.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has Samsung said about your Tablet supporting OTG?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Android connection to Pa1000 Reply with quote

bellowsboy wrote:
.. wont know what direction until I see how things pan out ...

Unlike member Biggles, I do not think you need an OTG connection to connect Android devices to a Pa1000 or Pa4x. You only need an OTG adapter if you are using USB devices and you want to activate the Android device as an USB host. OTG adapter allows you to connect Hostless-USB devices (Stick, Printer, Mouse, Printer, another Android for copying etc) to your Android smartphone or tablet.

Of course it does not hurt to buy an OTG adapter because they are not too expensive - but you do not need them for connecting to the Pa1000

However, if you use a host USB port of a Pa1000, then you do not need a second USB-Host function, but a simple USB connection between Pa1000 and the Android device. That is because the new Pa series would be equipped with USB host features. I think you only need an OTG connection for the Pa predecessors, which are not yet equipped with an USB host.

So I think it does not matter what Samsung said about supporting OTG, because most important is a MIDI application on the Android device, which can perform a useful task (MIDI data exchange with Pa-Songbook) with the connected Pa Arranger. As far as I know, there is only "Mobilesheet" from Zubersoft and in this regard, I would catch up with my information, because without SW application the best Midi connection will not help.

https://www.korg.com/download/global/paseries/tutorials/Using_MobileSheetsPro_for_Android.pdf

PS: Complete List Of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones with OTG Support (USB On-The-Go) --> http://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/complete-list-of-samsung-galaxy-smartphones-with-otg-support-usb-on-the-go.html

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Biggles, I am waiting for a reply I only contacted them about three days ago
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Android connection to Pa1000 Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
bellowsboy wrote:
.. wont know what direction until I see how things pan out ...

Unlike member Biggles, I do not think you need an OTG connection to connect Android devices to a Pa1000 or Pa4x. You only need an OTG adapter if you are using USB devices and you want to activate the Android device as an USB host. OTG adapter allows you to connect Hostless-USB devices (Stick, Printer, Mouse, Printer, another Android for copying etc) to your Android smartphone or tablet.

Of course it does not hurt to buy an OTG adapter because they are not too expensive - but you do not need them for connecting to the Pa1000

However, if you use a host USB port of a Pa1000, then you do not need a second USB-Host function, but a simple USB connection between Pa1000 and the Android device. That is because the new Pa series would be equipped with USB host features. I think you only need an OTG connection for the Pa predecessors, which are not yet equipped with an USB host.

So I think it does not matter what Samsung said about supporting OTG, because most important is a MIDI application on the Android device, which can perform a useful task (MIDI data exchange with Pa-Songbook) with the connected Pa Arranger. As far as I know, there is only "Mobilesheet" from Zubersoft and in this regard, I would catch up with my information, because without SW application the best Midi connection will not help.

https://www.korg.com/download/global/paseries/tutorials/Using_MobileSheetsPro_for_Android.pdf

PS: Complete List Of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones with OTG Support (USB On-The-Go) --> http://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/complete-list-of-samsung-galaxy-smartphones-with-otg-support-usb-on-the-go.html

We are at cross purposes.

The Android device has to have a connection port that supports OTG data flow.

Not all Android devices do this.

Additionally the system does need an OTG adaptor as again not all of these are in fact OTG. Without OTG two way comms will not work.
bellowsboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello siebenhirter and Biggles, I thank you both for your help. I have a mate who is helping me with techie stuff and the keyboard this end. I will come back to you when we get there, the keyboard is now seen by the tablet, but a bit further to go. bellowsboy
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to know.

Good luck getting it finally sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: