Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install more than 3 EXs libraries into my new Kronos2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaroslav.zigo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: How to install more than 3 EXs libraries into my new Kronos2 Reply with quote

I have installed EXs 205, all programs from USER-G bank manually wrote to USER-GG bank (via Write Program), subsequently I have installed EXs19, all programs again manually wrote from USER-G to USER-CC (via Write Program). Up to this moment every program worked (play) correctly. But I have also instaled Exs15 library. My problem started....Some program in USER-GG (EXs205) and also some programs in USER-CC (EXs19) play incorrectly : some of programs play as a mix of vocals from EXs15 and before written sounds EXs205 (pipe organs) and EXs19....Maybe there is problem with the SSD adress of all installed libraries....Every libraries is installed in U-G....but how to instal them for instance into U-DD or U-FF. My question is : how to install simultaneously 3 pack of EXs and play all programs correctly ? Thanks for help
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How to install more than 3 EXs libraries into my new Kro Reply with quote

jaroslav.zigo wrote:
how to install simultaneously 3 pack of EXs and play all programs correctly ?

This definitely should be Korg's Store support job since there are 200 EXs libraries there that are all installed in the same
5 free program slots of Kronos 2 ... go figure !
Only WavesArt personalize customers PCG according to their setup and EXs needs and all should had followed that rule !

I'm not sure of what you mean by "manually wrote from USER-G to USER-CC " if you mean Programs this doesn't work
this way , Combinations won't work ... , (you can load Combinations everywhere though).
You have to load first every EXs normal PCG , then load again only Program bank f.e USER-GG at USER-CC , go to
Global/Upper screen menu select "change bank references" , click combinations , change U_GG to point U_CC and then
save a new PCG only with U_GG and relative Combi , this is the modification for every single EXs ,
BUT ...
The majority of newly premium EXs also use WS banks as Program MS elements that you can't simply modify them and
no utility can change references there and the fact that one EXs will overwrite the other's WS banks won't change and
unfortunately only the last loaded EXs will work properly unless you devote a lot of hours to edit all Programs and WS
references for every EXs , that also requires deep knowledge of Kronos engines ...

Good luck

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
jaroslav.zigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How to install more than 3 EXs libraries into my new Kro Reply with quote

[quote="AntonySharmman"][quote="jaroslav.zigo"]how to install simultaneously 3 pack of EXs and play all programs correctly ?

Dear AnthonySharmman,
could you give me advice where can I find some detailed steps how to do it (instal all my 3 sounds libraries and use the beautiful sounds ?) I am sorry I am total greenhorn in Korg Kronos world Sad
Is it described in Guide ? Because my knowledges are very very poor so far...

Thanks a lot

Jaro
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Check out this link for more info on how to move around PCG data.

http://www.kidnepro.com/blog/korg-kronos-tutorial-how-to-move-sound-banks/

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
jaroslav.zigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear kid_nepro_2002, thank you so much I will try to do it accordingly Smile Jaro
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How to install more than 3 EXs libraries into my new Kro Reply with quote

jaroslav.zigo wrote:

Is it described in Guide ? Because my knowledges are very very poor so far...

Yes , also read above link !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jaroslav,

You can also use two excellent freeware to do similar things quickly, namely :

PCG tools --> http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/download.php

and

TidyKronos --> http://www.diesemusik.de/tidykronos/

It's really not that complicated at all. Just make sure to save your stuff before doing changes and as you go. You can then always come back one step after mistakes. We all do mistakes and it is part of learning. It's better to do them right away and to become good early, so when you later create many new custom programs and combis you will know exactly what to do to move and save your stuff without bad surprise. Cool
exsequor699

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if the Wave Sequences of the libraries are loaded correctly. If not, you have to manually load them and assign them to the corresponding program.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg should update the OS to allow for Banks A-B, A-C, A-D, A-E, A-F, A-G, then B-A, B-B etc etc

Thats would be awesome, Im almost out of space already, and this stops me purchasing more banks and with sample management being quite complicated on the Kronos I just don't want to load alternate Preloads etc in, in case of problems.

Maybe they will allow more space if Kronos 3 is released.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
Korg should update the OS to allow for Banks A-B, A-C, A-D, A-E, A-F, A-G, then B-A, B-B etc etc

It's not only a matter of free Program slots ...
As I've previously mentioned , merging EXs job can only be done by sound developers and definately not by end-users
for many complex reasons that only they are aware !
Your favorite Developer's bundles are always the only guaranteed working (and cheaper) solution ...

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
theshinenz wrote:

It's not only a matter of free Program slots ...
As I've previously mentioned , merging EXs job can only be done by sound developers and definately not by end-users
for many complex reasons that only they are aware !

This is 1 of a list of reasons I am impatient with Korg.

We are going on +7 years wrestling with the same limitations of Kronos.
Involving the use of 3rd party sample libs.

New Kronos owners should be aware of what they are buying into.
At best, more time and workarounds seems to be the answer.

A person wouldn't buy a house or a car only to discover there is no room for their 3 children.
oliv73

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a serious limitation in Kronos use...

I am not sure if it could be resolve one day by firmware upgrade ?

A lot of people must think twice before buying new soundbanks ....
So it's not particularly good for business as well.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliv73 wrote:
This is a serious limitation in Kronos use...

I am not sure if it could be resolve one day by firmware upgrade ?

A lot of people must think twice before buying new soundbanks ....
So it's not particularly good for business as well.

I agree. The request for more usable banks has been pushed for some years.

In addition, some open banks are only specific to certain sound engine(s).

To my mind, if it was 'easy' for Korg to solve the various limits, they would have done so some years ago. This is not a new discovery .

I would like to believe the K2 has enough processing power to handle some of these limits. But I don't have the knowledge in OS programming, Linux, etc.

There might be a big constraint- lack of polyphony.

Someone with a solid technical background in code and programming might be more qualified to determine the potential of using the existing K2 platform- to determine if there is adequate head room on the K2.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we forget about the GM bank, we have only... 2560 programs. Laughing

Well, if some think it is not enough, maybe it's time to clean things up a bit. Unless your gigs last 14 hours each and cover an incredibly wide variety of styles and instruments, there is a good probability you won't need 257 different organs, 387 electric pianos, 1349 synth sounds, etc. On the worse case, you can easily load a different PCG file during the usual pause half way during the gig.

I bought several extra EXs, downloaded quite a few free ones, created my own multisample sets covering all the best sounds of three previous synthesizers and until now, still have space on the stock HD.

As mentioned in Kid Nepro's earlier post and also in my previous post above, simply following a few steps or using a couple of freeware you can move anything and clean up the half gazillion sounds you need only once every 5 blue moons. And also making sure all is still linked to the relative WS and combis, etc.

Some decades ago, I felt I was in Heaven using an incredible 8 memory slots on my Jupiter-4. Today, we read that 2560 programs is a serious limitation. Not for me ! Very Happy
Galf2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small number of banks and slots in Korg Kronos 2-88 it's just an idiotic trouble. It would be interesting to look into unscrupulous eyes engineer from the Korg, who came up with this, and ask him: Why is he so smart?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: