Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dx Fm Crystal Piano

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Dx Fm Crystal Piano Reply with quote

Hi

I'm still new to the forum, i read alot on the forum, my fist post here. i'm sure this has been discussed on numerous occasions, but still i haven't found what i've been looking for and hope that perhaps that the community can assist.... i know its out there but only available to a select few.... (sounds like a lost love hehehe)

As the topic heading indicates i'm looking for that sweet sweet syrupy Dx FM Crystal Piano for my Kronos (x73), i have purchased sounds from Kid Nepro & Korg (Sonic bliss & most wanted) which didn't really deliver to my expectations as i hoped, they are great sounds make no mistake, but this sound has been an all time favorite since childhood, and with all my gear, Wavestation, M50,SV1 & Kronos x I'm still left endlessly searching the internet for the solution.

i'm not much of programmer, I have started scratching and got lots in the rabbit hole ... Smile

I know Nord released a 12mb sound program for download to its users, how about Korg users?

I found this on Youtube and need a say more..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XQcpW2fJfw

It seems seems to be such a mystery to make this sound available to so many who i believe are in the same search as me.

I hope to get some feedback or point me in the right direction, thanks for a great forum and keep it up!!

Greetings from Namibia
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those type of EP's are available in my Harmony Keys sound set with 32 electric pianos that you can download for free from my website.

here's the demo:

Here's the url where you can download the sound set:
Harmony Keys Sound set

Preset list:
Location Program Name
U-GG000 Sweet Dreams QR
U-GG001 Lounge Garden QR
U-GG002 The Funky Chicken QR
U-GG003 Transparant Glass QR
U-GG004 Orange Phaser Keys QR
U-GG005 Neo Soul EP QR
U-GG006 Nail that Solo QR
U-GG007 Nutty Professor QR
U-GG008 Enchanted Woodland QR
U-GG009 Sparkling Water QR
U-GG010 Light Storm QR
U-GG011 Harmonic Thrills QR
U-GG012 Velvet Lounge QR
U-GG013 Red Whine Glass QR
U-GG014 The Meltdown QR
U-GG015 Bedroom EP QR
U-GG016 Candy Factory QR
U-GG017 Drive-Through QR
U-GG018 The Prayer QR
U-GG019 Mountain Dew QR
U-GG020 The Greatest Love QR
U-GG021 Intoxicated QR
U-GG022 Solar Clarity QR
U-GG023 Vivid Colors QR
U-GG024 Haziness Feelings QR
U-GG025 Vigorous Keys QR
U-GG026 Pure and Evil QR
U-GG027 Soul Triads QR
U-GG028 Mesmerize QR
U-GG029 Good Old Times QR
U-GG030 Pandemonium QR
U-GG031 The Lighthouse QR[/url]
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjDvdzTydHTAhUp_4MKHXbhAwIQFgg_MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkorgpatches.com%2Fpatches%2Fkronos%2Fdx7_200k_collection&usg=AFQjCNEREIR5W_utCVpu_I-c_gVhiX2LVg

Try these also DX7 200 collection for free.

Qui's are nice also.
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so so much, i'll test them out this evening. Some of the Dx sounds i have lack a bit of brilliance if i can call it like that, will try dig into tuning.

regards
Mieszko
Rich Z

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find this of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN4La6qmSnk

I talked to this guy to see if he would do a Kronos library of those FMTines samples, but no joy there. There was also a guy here on the forums offering to duplicate sounds, who I asked about this, but nothing ever came from that as well.

Man, I REALLY like these sounds....
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich Z

Those are exactly what i'm looking for, Jamal Hartwell nailed it with the FM Tines, i want it all !!! hehehe.

Although there are some software & VST alternatives with Kronos' abilities its definitely doable. I have contacted Gospel Musicians to purchase the FM Tines but honestly i don't want to go the PC / software route.

Hopefully those sounds will find their way to my Kronos Smile
joyel

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mieszkothomas

I know what you mean, i feel the same.
I download from the internet some sample motif... and there was very very good dx/bells. When you combine(not compare) just connect those two, with kronos factory the sound is really close...
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have converted a lot of online Dx 7 patches to Kronos pcg format.
You can find download link in my signature. If it's kinda a dx patch then this collection might contain it.
You can use pcg tools to go through a collection to see if it contains the patch you are looking for.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Rich Z

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I conversed with Jamal, he seemed open to work with someone to do a conversion of the FMtines library to the Kronos. I know I would buy the series in a heartbeat if someone would commercially develop this idea. Or is the Kronos just not up to the task?
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sure that the capabilities of the Kronos exceeds anything on the market to day, and i think with all the amazing things it is capable of doing, folks have even scratched the surface.

Korg has put an amazing workstation together, however very few really knows and understand the structure and architecture of sound or where to even start. Back in the day i had a Cazio CZ1 with a programming manual that taught you how to program sounds, so i guess the lack of understanding Kronos' structure is the biggest set back.

When i look at Jordan Rudess, and what is being brought forth there certainly no limit to what Kronos can do. Its a pity what we are looking for is not readily available as one would have thought
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Amit for the DX7-MOD-7 Patches, still working through them, great stuff.
mieszkothomas

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who who wanna try this out, this is relatively closer to dx fulltines, dx7ii. not dyno rhodes which has a different character to sound and brilliance.

writing combination B17: LA Piano, B17 Tingly E Piano pan and add A16 E.Piano Mark 1 Chorus pan L, its got some punch in the lower end where the Mark 1 gives it character,additionally one could add one of the fm e piano's for that tx816 character.

Qui Robinez, programming tutorial for importing Dx7 sys banks are great to get you going and experimenting.

enjoy
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MOD-7 engine on the Kronos is a fantastic FM synth engine, AND it's semi-modular as well!

You can get better FM (DX) pianos from the MOD-7 engine than from any of the Kronos HD programs. BUT, you have to learn programming on the MOD-7.

Stop saying "I'm not a programmer". Start just messing around with parameters in the MOD-7 engine. You'll get the idea soon enough of how it works, and it's great exercise for your brain, seriously.
SLR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread, I know, but you should check the sounds on VG Soundtrack Guy’s website. He emulated the original Crystal Rhodes sound from the Roland JD800 and Released a version for the BS-16I app, but it’s also compatible with the Kronos. As he also loves these FM piano sounds, I know he’s currently working on more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: