Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arthurian Cinematic soundtrack album

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Arthurian Cinematic soundtrack album Reply with quote

Well, I finally got that elusive record deal and have released my first solo album 'Avalonia, (The Sonnets of Guinevere)'. Its an Arthurian Cinematic soundtrack album based of the last days of King Arthurs reign.

The back-bone of this album was written and performed on the now antique 01w/fd which I just adore, the Triton Classic, Symphony of Voices and other stuff including a great patch called 'Movie Strings' from Sharp's 'Sample Assault' package no less! Smile

Here's a taster:
https://www.facebook.com/446621838858972/videos/897700577084427/

and if you like, its available here on vinyl or digital download Smile
https://michael-alantaylor.bandcamp.com/

Or you could wait until its free on a pirate download site! Confused

Best wishes
Spud Smile

Korg M3, Triton Classic, Korg 01w/fd, EMU 5000 Ultra, iMac & Logic Pro 9, Focusrite Sapphire Pro 14 Firewire,
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate! Hope it all goes well and you get a good reception. I don't give personal appraisal of other people's music but I will say it's well written, performed and produced, you deserve to do well.

(wow there's a lot of "well"s in that for only two sentences)
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Spud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, MegaMarkD

thanks for responding I really appreciate it. Sales are going good but in essence I didn't release it for that, although it would be nice to sell out of the pressings I have had done. I am so glad you like it and would like to say thank you for your comments. Do you release your own music at all?

cheers
Spud.

Korg M3, Triton Classic, Korg 01w/fd, EMU 5000 Ultra, iMac & Logic Pro 9, Focusrite Sapphire Pro 14 Firewire,
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spud, you are welcome.

I don't really release my sounds, putting things here and there. I'm more of a music room hack (people call it a studio, but it's my music room) who hasn't practised their scales for awhile Embarassed Most of the time about five instruments are running out of all that gear, though things are changing (modular synthesis seems to be taking over my room). I'll be recording again soon, and after the embarrassment of too many bung notes at a jam the other day, I've started a practise regime again Wink Hopefully in a month's time I can post a link.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: