Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single Voice from Multilayer Program "Drive"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Single Voice from Multilayer Program "Drive" Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This is regarding the program "Drive" in the Kronos (Bank A074). This program has two engines (Mod-7 and AL-1). How can I just play the Mod-7 sound (warm saw pad sound) throughout the entire keyboard. The key zone for this program shows the Mod-7 sound through the entire keyboard range, but it only plays the lower half of the keyboard. There are also some bell sounds in the middle of keyboard as well - that I don't want. Then the AL-1 sound starts (synth brass sound) midway to the higher end of the keyboard.

If I cut out the Al-1 synth brass sound, the Mod-7 sound does not replace it, even though the key zone states it should. It just stays silent.

Is there a way to just have the Mod-7 voice through the entire keyboard? Is there a way to copy this voice and save it to an Init-program?

Thanks everyone! I hope this all makes sense. I appreciate your help.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Single Voice from Multilayer Program "Drive" Reply with quote

DJ1 wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is regarding the program "Drive" in the Kronos (Bank A074). This program has two engines (Mod-7 and AL-1). How can I just play the Mod-7 sound (warm saw pad sound) throughout the entire keyboard. The key zone for this program shows the Mod-7 sound through the entire keyboard range, but it only plays the lower half of the keyboard. There are also some bell sounds in the middle of keyboard as well - that I don't want. Then the AL-1 sound starts (synth brass sound) midway to the higher end of the keyboard.

If I cut out the Al-1 synth brass sound, the Mod-7 sound does not replace it, even though the key zone states it should. It just stays silent.

Is there a way to just have the Mod-7 voice through the entire keyboard? Is there a way to copy this voice and save it to an Init-program?

Thanks everyone! I hope this all makes sense. I appreciate your help.

Besides the usual key zoning, there is key ramping or keyboard tracking ,and key zoning done in Karma.
If the sound is zoned into the full key range, then something else is cutting out the response from a certain range of keys.

Look at Karma to see if it is on ,and has the right key zoning in the GE setup.

If not karma zoning, then i would look at Key Ramp or keyboard tracking being used as AMS over a parameter that is able to silence the sound in the synth engine.
DJ1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 19naia for your reply. I tried working with the key zoning in Karma and nothing changed. I am pretty new to the Kronos, so where would I look up key ramp or keyboard tracking used as an AMS?

I found "keyboard tracking" under the modulation tab and fiddled with it. I was able to get a sound from mid-upper keys, but it was not the same Mod-7 sound I wanted. It was a very quiet arpeggiated polysynth type sound.

If you or anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate it. If it doesn't end up working, it's all good. Just would like to obtain that sound through the entire keyboard as I really like it. Thanks!
DJ1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out! Under the Exi 1 tab (Mod-7 sound), I went under each VPM Oscillator and changed the keyboard tracking.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ1 wrote:
I think I figured it out! Under the Exi 1 tab (Mod-7 sound), I went under each VPM Oscillator and changed the keyboard tracking.

Yes, it is hard for me and in general, to hunt down AMS setups while not knowing what exact parameter is producing the effect that needs to change.

I will have to take a look at VPM Oscillator myself to learn more about it.
I would have never guessed it was VPM but i knew whatever it was, it had to have Keyboard tracking ,if not keyzoning, going on behind it.

I don’t do much synth engine work outside of HD-1. But i make sure i have enough of an understanding of every synth engine in there.
NormC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bell sounds are a key part of that song.
DJ1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize the bells are a part of the song, I just wanted the specific voice to be throughout the entire keyboard, and save it to an init-program - to use in another song.

Thanks again for your help 19naia!
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved the Drive sound to another program easiley.

1-touch Common
2-EX1-turn off
3-keyzone-stretch to entire keyboard
4-Transpose-0 if you don't like the -12
Done write to another program.

I assume you just want the Brass Synth part.
Hope this helps
DJ1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Benny Ray,

Thanks for your post. It was actually the EX1 sound I wanted throughout the keyboard.

I agree, the EX2 sound was easy to work with the key zones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: