Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME combination

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayooster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: KROME combination Reply with quote

when i assign a sound to a track in combination mode, the sound does not sound the same when it was played in program mode.

For an instance, i'll find a organ sound to a track in combi and when i play that sound on solo it sounds like it's missing its layers of depth.

what am i doing wrong?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You miss the IFX, MFX, TFX settings.
So if you select some program starting from init combi, all Fx slots are empty.
Select your preferred program in program mod, press combi, select one init combi, open menu bar and choose Copy From Program. Confirm with IFX, MFX, TFX settings.
Now your program will sound the same in combi mod.
prgtrdr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan is right, use Copy From Program to get all the IFX, MFX, etc., settings in Combi mode.

However, I've noticed that when I use the same trick in Sequencer Mode, each time I copy a new program to a different track, I lose the IFX, MFX, TFX, etc., settings for the previous program. Is that because there aren't separate settings for each track?

Dan, is there a work-around for that?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because there is only a limited number of effects slots i.e. 5 Insert Effects, 2 Master Effects, and 1 Total Effect. This is soon exceeded if Copy from Program is used for each timbre. It is usually possible to get reasonably close to the original Program sounds in a Combi by looking at the original effects in use by each Program and removing unnecessary duplications, or similarities in the effects chain.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prgtrdr wrote:
Dan is right, use Copy From Program to get all the IFX, MFX, etc., settings in Combi mode.

However, I've noticed that when I use the same trick in Sequencer Mode, each time I copy a new program to a different track, I lose the IFX, MFX, TFX, etc., settings for the previous program. Is that because there aren't separate settings for each track?

Dan, is there a work-around for that?

I think is better to organise the effects setup for each song because the effects is limited.
The Voice Team try to do the preset with good sounds with no effects. Is a rule to can import the sounds in your song very easy except the special sounds which use a distortion, amp simulator etc.

So in my opinion, import the special sounds like distortion guitar, with IFx.
If add other sounds like synth, leads or so try to not use the ifx. If need to compensate some dynamics for DRUMS and Bass try to use the same limiter for both. To have reverb, delay, chorus set the MFX with Reverb/Delay, Chorus/Delay, or Chorus /Reverb that mach for more sounds and use the send return to balance the proportion for each sounds.
TFX will work for all sounds. is a last gate before outputs so the destination of TFX could be for Mastering: Mastering Limiter, Eq exciters...
NOTE: The MFX work as a peripheral mixer with send return so the effects 100% Wet/Dry will be 50% wet and 50% dry. because the sounds will be rout on direct output with same proportion with Mfx. So any Eq, Exciter or other dynamics effects selected on MFX could generate anti phase and damage the sound character.
If you are force to use the Eq,Exciter on MFX will need to set the Timbre Output L/R to Off. So that Timbre will be direct on MFX 100%.

Hope this help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: